Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will England beat Germany?

Will England beat Germany?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As posted elsewhere my mojo is currently very low for England in this tournament but how do NSC see this game turning out?

Be interesting to see how confident or not you all are

Fence is not an option, it’s a cop out

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All indicators say no.

But that bloody optimism just won't swap whispering "maybe, maybe this time"

I listened to three lions on my way to work this moring 2 plays of each version.

I can't help myself.

disappointment and let down are on the horizon but until then I have blind hope and scarce dreams.

I love this game, I hate this game

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know, but I am otherwise engaged on Tuesday and will miss it, so it's likely to be a memorable and/or exciting game either way.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All indicators say no.

But that bloody optimism just won't swap whispering "maybe, maybe this time"

I listened to three lions on my way to work this moring 2 plays of each version.

I can't help myself.

disappointment and let down are on the horizon but until then I have blind hope and scarce dreams.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Win on penalties would be my absolute ideal, the stress until it’s over would be enormous. Pissed evening coming up

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t get this downer tournaments are good fun it’s football in the summer, the further England go the better enjoy it don’t moan about it.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Germany find a way to win ugly , in England they will have met their match in Ugly and we will be ultimately dumped out on penalties I suspect .

Saka and Grealish will be back on the bench , no place for creative players for this game , back to basics for the manager with a uninspiring team built around not conceding rather than pro active and probably lining up like this .

Pickford
Walker
Maguire
Stones
Mings
Shaw
Rice
Henderson
Mount
Sterling
Kane

Nil.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I deern't really knuuuur

One thing I find wistfully disappointing though is the fact we have that nonsense blue away kit. Just imagine how EVOCATIVE it would have been if we were in those glorious red shirts and white shorts against Germany again. That would fair bring a tear to my eye.

I bet we'll just be in that mundane blue though, so Nike can hawk a few more away kits.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don’t get this downer tournaments are good fun it’s football in the summer, the further England go the better enjoy it don’t moan about it.

If I was entertained I wouldn’t even consider a moan, win or lose. I have not been entertained so although i’m not actually moaning, I am definitely not enjoying it (the tournament yes but not England) so far

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The first proper, meaningful match that we have had in over 2 years, and it's against the Germans.. Can we suddenly become ruthless, clinical and efficient now when it really matters?

Probably not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes we'll win because there's plenty of insignificant 'little' teams left for us to lose too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here