Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Before the referendum, no-one below a roughly similar age had any say in us being in it!

Apart from there being an anti-EU party in every General Election since at least the early 1990s and they'd never achieved any sort of electoral success whatsoever?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Before the referendum no-one knew much, if anything, about Farage, Cummings, or any of the other Leave bigots.

Remainer uses derogatory language - gives remainers a bad name. I wonder why this ended in the Bear Pit, eh? Some people seem so bitter they can't help themselves.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
............... the Tories usually won ..............

But the Tories were not explicitly anti-EU. A small hardcore of them was, but every time that faction gained power they got their arse handed to them by the electorate. Even in 2015 that held true.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
............... the Tories usually won ..............

Margaret Thatcher introduced the Single Market which was used by the EU. John Major has spoken out against Brexit, as has Kenneth Clarke & Michael Heseltine just this week.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Remainer uses derogatory language - gives remainers a bad name. I wonder why this ended in the Bear Pit, eh? Some people seem so bitter they can't help themselves.

bigotry = obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction.

I await constructive argument to refute the term about the people mentioned.

I'm not bitter at all..... except in your mind.

But I am willing to listen to and reflect on an opposing view. I simply pointed out that these named people may have been driven by and appeal to emotions, but do not make a reasonable case.

Your criticism is misplaced

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting responses, in summary...

No one's life has improved. Just one poster pretending he got his vaccine because of Brexit

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
An opportunity to boast about the good things Brexit has bought to our lives, to stick it to the former remainers... 90 replies and nothing but some generic terms that the poster cannot explain, and something that isn't related to Brexit.

:ffsparr:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Apart from there being an anti-EU party in every General Election since at least the early 1990s and they'd never achieved any sort of electoral success whatsoever?

You’ve only got another 40 or so years to wait....although there probably won’t be an EU to join by then [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
EE to reintroduce Europe roaming charges in January
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57595913
Followed on on from my post yesterday, they will probably go like Dominoes on the next work or two. The EU stood up for consumers in numerous ways older people amongst us wiil still recall the annoyance of having to buy and fit a 3 pin plug every time we bought a new kettle or toaster..
The EU thought it was dangerous and unfair on the consumer so they forced manufacturers to fit them....

You used to buy step ladders without warning stickers and instructions as to use with them..Lots of stupid people died or got injured in ladder accidents so the EU insisted on proper Health and Safety warnings. People raged against" Health and Safety gone mad " but less stupid people now die in accidents with ladders....who is there to stand up for the consumer in the UK now?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
If we did have another vote to rejoin and whether it actually happened I can guarantee before, after or at any time I could easily reel off clear and compelling reasons why and very easily evidence how my life is better.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You’ve only got another 40 or so years to wait....although there probably won’t be an EU to join by then [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My immediate concern is whether the UK will exist in 4 years....

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Can't wait for the BBC programme with all the benefits since the brexiters here seem to be struggling

[tweet]1407736533965328387[/tweet]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Can't wait for the BBC programme with all the benefits since the brexiters here seem to be struggling

[tweet]1407736533965328387[/tweet]

Why can't John Redwood provide the benefits himself? Maybe he could also compare them with the benefit promises made that persuaded so many to vote the way he advocated......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here