Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Armed Forces Day, Sat June 26 - 2021....

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Per ardua ad astra

s-l96.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Great old ships...back when we had a Navy.
The series Sailor was the reason I joined up, seeing them jolly jacks and their daring do...had me sold?
My old man was a snowdrop for 26 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The HMF I served in, has totally changed.
Not just for the challenges in the world today, but for the lack of overseas postings experience.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The HMF I served in, has totally changed.
Not just for the challenges in the world today, but for the lack of overseas postings experience.

To be be fare, I was very fortunate, swapped my shore time for sea time, there was always someone wanting to get out of a deployment, the only real shore time I did was basic training and discharge time...I loved every minute of it, would do it all again in a heartbeat [emoji1303][emoji636]⚓

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
HMS Bulwark, Ark Royal ???

HMS Hermes . The Happy H.
I only spent time on her as embarked forces.

I was on the flight Deck when that was taken.
40 Commando are performing an assault landing in Italy (Salerno), we (846 and 845 NAS) Flew in later in the day.
Great fun .. apart from cleaning 8 GMPG’s at the end of the exercise .. shit job.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
To be be fare, I was very fortunate, swapped my shore time for sea time, there was always someone wanting to get out of a deployment, the only real shore time I did was basic training and discharge time...I loved every minute of it, would do it all again in a heartbeat [emoji1303][emoji636]⚓

Followed in dads footsteps, joined up and immediately put in for all overseas postings.
The popular choices were Hong Kong, Goose Bay (Canada), Belize, Cyprus and Gibraltar.
Luckily I did stints on the above, with exception of Belize and HK (@swindonseagull did).

Likewise would do all over again, in another lifetime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here