Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Today’s Euros Games

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Lets see how many tedious "I don't give a shit about England" GUMBO'S turn their noses up for England vs Germany next week then.

Not that they'd ever admit it.
will be an interesting game, but I don't have a care in the world whether we win or lose. I used to go to England home and away during mid 80s and early 90s I had a passion for England then but watching and caring about bhafc is more than enough to care about now. You'd have to be a new age happy clappy football supporter to get excited about England now. Il take a breath now

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Italy/France V Holland in the final is my bet.

I had Italy-France, Italy to win when I filled in the wall chart before it started

Rankings and everything goes out the window when we play Germany, it's like a BHA-Palarse game.

Rehearsals rescheduled, I'll be watching, but won't lose any sleep either way.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Some great games coming up. Hopefully Sweden should be able to beat Ukraine. Not too afraid of England or Germany. O

bviously those teams should be able to beat Sweden but its no mission impossible - got a good record against England.

Easy Swanny… I seem to recall us breezing past your boys in the World Cup.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I hear you, and I can hear that voice in the back of my head as well. But for context, in 2010 Germany were ranked 2 places above us, whereas now we are 8 places ahead of them.

I can see why people get frustrated by Southgate’s approach, but one thing I think he is very good at is getting players in the right mental state, and that will be crucial against the Germans (who themselves are approaching a the end of an era with what could be Low’s last game in charge). Add to that the Wembley advantage and we have every right to be bullish and feel confident.

Given the draw as well it’s a great opportunity for us to go deep in this tournament.

It’s just Germany though. Even if they’re lower than us, that’s still a big mental hurdle. See Scotland, who we couldn’t break down.

I agree that this time we have a superior squad. And if we beat them it would be utterly epic. But as an England fan I never. Ever. Rule out the Germans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
will be an interesting game, but I don't have a care in the world whether we win or lose. I used to go to England home and away during mid 80s and early 90s I had a passion for England then but watching and caring about bhafc is more than enough to care about now. You'd have to be a new age happy clappy football supporter to get excited about England now. Il take a breath now

Why ?

I've not travelled to support England to the extent you have back in the day, but I've always supported them and always will. I'm always excited for when the tournaments come round, I devour almost every game across the board and especially enjoy the tension and build-up to our games. Yes it can end up being dull, frustrating and absolutely infuriating, but then sometimes, occasionally, it can also be brilliant. MEMORABLY brilliant. I get that with BHA, and I get that with England.

Not sure how that makes me a "happy clappy".

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I felt the same about our penalty hoodoo against Colombia at the last World Cup. Ultimately, I believe that any so-called hoodoo is of our minds own making, some kind of collective inferiority complex as a nation. The fact is I believe that in the here and now we have a better side than Germany, simple as that.

This is England, managed by Gareth Southgate, versus Germany at Wembley - almost exactly 25 years since Gareth Southgate himself missed the decisive penalty against Germany at Wembley at Euro 96.

The story is simply waiting to write itself.

A 25 year wait for redemption.

Makes Stuart Pearce's six years seem trivial by comparison. I hope Southgate reacts with the same unbridled passion and emotion that Pearce did after slamming in that penalty against Spain.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I had Italy-France, Italy to win when I filled in the wall chart before it started

Rankings and everything goes out the window when we play Germany, it's like a BHA-Palarse game.

Rehearsals rescheduled, I'll be watching, but won't lose any sleep either way.

This is the bit that worries me. I think Germany are there for the taking but...it's Germany. There's part of me that thinks we'll find some way of losing even if we're two up with ten to go and they're down to 9 men.:down:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Some great games coming up. Hopefully Sweden should be able to beat Ukraine. Not too afraid of England or Germany. O

bviously those teams should be able to beat Sweden but its no mission impossible - got a good record against England. And going from 4-0 down to 4-4 vs Germany is still in fresh memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQ6KOG4TEk

On paper, yes, England should probably win but the games not played on paper and in reality I think you've got a great chance against us. It's like in boxing where styles make fights. The way Sweden play is the absolute worst for us and you're really good at it. For that reason I'll be hoping Ukraine beat you should we get past the Germans. If we don't then good luck!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Thanks for completing the bell end bingo on an international / England thread :thumbsup:

If you don’t care, don’t open on England / international threads - and maybe don’t post on them :shrug:

And no you don’t have to be a happy flappy, you just have to be a passionate Englishman who likes football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I still know some Brighton boys who follow England everywhere and aren't happy clappy. The Wembley friendlies are obviously a) overpriced, b)family friendly, c) shit and d) have that bloody band attending but England v Germany at home in a big tournament? Bring it on.

Lots of what I'd call old school fans go to them anyway for the points for the big games.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Crikey, I don’t get how any English football fan couldn’t be stirred by a knock out game against the Germans. As big as it gets surely.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
20210625_095517.jpg

Modric looking good for his age :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here