Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Today’s Euros Games

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lots to keep an eye on from our perspective…

Ideally Hungary beat Germany and France Portugal - so we play Hungary. Very unlikely.

I’d rather have Portugal then Germany then France for our last 16 game in that order (seems harsh on us for winning the group when others get a 3rd placed team).

In terms of group E, if we were to get through our tough last 16 and reach the 1/4s it would be top of group E or a third placed team. So probably best we hope for Spain NOT topping the group, just in case we do get to the 1/4s.

I can see Spain winning by a few goals and can’t see Sweden beating Poland, so unfortunately, it may we’ll be Spain that end up topping the group!

Lots of exciting permutations with today’s games - should be a good watch!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Real worry we will get France next round as France don't have much to play for today (and Portugal do)
Can easily see a draw in that game.

Germany will almost certainly win.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
I agree, Portugal would be my choice out of the three likely options.

Germany are, well, Germany. Guaranteed we get the Germany that put Portugal to the sword and NOT the Germany that were meekly kept at arms length by France.
France are most punters favourites for the tournament and it's easy to see why. And for me they haven't even got out of second gear yet. Mbappe would have a field day running at Slabhead & Mings.
Portugal are a bit of a bogey team in tournaments for England, with painful memories of Euro's 2000 & 2004 as well as the World Cup in 2006. BUT, I think they are beatable with our safety first approach. They like to play on the break, so we just need to be smart in the transitions. And hope Ronaldo doesn't further embellish his personal records.

I imagine if we do get Portugal, those complaining about watching dull England games might want to avoid this tie! Neither team has set the world alight with attacking verve so far!

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
As it stands right now, Portugal will be going through as one of the best third place teams. By the time they kick off tonight against the French everyone will know who everyone else is up against. I can see them both playing to a draw and saving players for the knockout stages.

Germany and Germany and will destroy Hungary in Munich

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
France, Germany, and Portugal are streets ahead of us, I can see our game at Wembley next Tuesday being our last one of the tournament.

Barring a minor miracle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
France, Germany, and Portugal are streets ahead of us, I can see our game at Wembley next Tuesday being our last one of the tournament.

Barring a minor miracle.

Portugal are streets ahead of us. Really?

Have you watched much of the tournament?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hoping Germany thrash Hungary - makes it tougher for us of course, but sometimes there are bigger principles at stake.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Homophobia / Racist etc reasons?

Nope. Just looking forward to English media turning on their manager and players just as soon as they're found sorely wanting against the first decent team they meet in ANY tournament. Always makes me chuckle that one :lol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
These are just two snippets of pundet journalism I've heard today .

"It doesn't matter who we face in the next round , we've done the hard part so we can now let loose and play some wonderful attacking football ."

"Our current tournament binary code will be a distant memory as Southgate unleashes his lions" .

:lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
These are just two snippets of pundet journalism I've heard today .

"It doesn't matter who we face in the next round , we've done the hard part so we can now let loose and play some wonderful attacking football ."

"Our current tournament binary code will be a distant memory as Southgate unleashes his lions" .

:lolol:

I'll have some of what they're taking please!

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Nope. Just looking forward to English media turning on their manager and players just as soon as they're found sorely wanting against the first decent team they meet in ANY tournament. Always makes me chuckle that one :lol:

My reasoning would be that the sooner deluded people have a dose of reality the better. The gap is a big ‘un between an England squad on paper and the team on the pitch.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Which game would be the better to watch? I can't lie neither jumps out at me as an obvious classic but I'll be damned if I'm going to pass up the chance to watch a tournament game.*

*I reserve the right to quit watching ten minutes in if it turns out to be a load of old shite.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Moder not in the Poland squad - shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here