Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Sri Lanka T20 Vitality Bobbins tonight 1830hrs

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
All set fair for Cardiff.

England squad: Eoin Morgan (capt), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Sam Billings (wk), Jos Buttler (wk), Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Jason Roy, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I'd be interested to know just how much cricket Sam Billings has actually played in his career - he seems to be selected for almost every squad going, but never really featuring in any meaningful action

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I'd be interested to know just how much cricket Sam Billings has actually played in his career - he seems to be selected for almost every squad going, but never really featuring in any meaningful action

This occurred to me the other day. I looked it up and the answer is, not a great deal for a man now in his 30s:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/player/sam-billings-297628

He's played 189 T20s for an enormous list of teams I'm only vaguely aware of. Is yet to reach 100 first class or list A games. I'll admit to being somewhat surprised that he's played as many as 71 first class games between bench warming and franchise duties.

For comparison, this is Jason Roy's cricinfo page (he's less than a year older than Billings):

https://www.espncricinfo.com/player/jason-roy-298438

He's played notably more of pretty much every form of the game.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
After the ineptitude of the test team it's good to get back to an England team which actually looks like it knows what it's doing

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Fortunately the thread title doesn't specify the date, so it's still true.

Good footwork from Curran for the run out, even if the endless football references are a bit grating.

I really don't like Zaltzman as a stats man, particularly on the radio he seems to constantly be coming out with crap like "2nd highest score on a Tuesday by a man with two t's in their name".

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What a meaningless game.
After the excitement of NZ v India yesterday, who'll remember this match in years to come?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tonight's match puts me in mind of when The Harlem Globetrotters Basketball team used to come to the UK to play exhibition matches, they got matched up against a team that was there to have the piss taken out of them, and I think it was usually Crystal Palace ! Sri Lanka just look like they are here for the cash and are just going through the motions while batting and merely trying to set a target big enough for Bairstow or Roy to tee off and show off.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is it too late to ask Ireland for a game on Saturday instead?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sri Lanka with a shocking run rate currently.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
4 boundaries in 17 overs is poor for test cricket these days.

dire performance

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What a meaningless game.
After the excitement of NZ v India yesterday, who'll remember this match in years to come?

We're gonna have to get used to it, alas. Memories like yesterday will get fewer as cricket caters for people who don't like cricket and have short attention spans.

The '100' will not be showing in this house.

Southern Brave my arse. Southern Bugger Off.

I see the tickets are cheap.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
We're gonna have to get used to it, alas. Memories like yesterday will get fewer as cricket caters for people who don't like cricket and have short attention spans.

The '100' will not be showing in this house.

Southern Brave my arse. Southern Bugger Off.

I see the tickets are cheap.

Couldn't agree more, County Cricket is doomed, thanks very much ECB...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here