Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thought Trossard did ok considering he was out of position. Gutted the Belgium opener was ruled out as his break pretty much created it. Before that it had been very slow and sidewards for much of the game.

Personally pleased that Denmark got through after UEFA stitched them up.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Thought Trossard did ok considering he was out of position. Gutted the Belgium opener was ruled out as his break pretty much created it. Before that it had been very slow and sidewards for much of the game.

This.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The game passed him by somewhat. Found himself in some decent forward positions, but usually took the safe option of laying it off to someone and had minimal involvement (other than the pass before the pass that VAR wrongly ruled out for offside...)

That said, the ball was within a WHISKER of falling to him 6 yards our when the keeper parried that shot. I can still picture the crossbar wobbling now.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Seemed to lack confidence and to be overawed by his fellow teammates, I know he was not playing in his best position, but needs to be more confident at this level ,if he wants to play more often for Belgium . But well done to him for being selected in the first place

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Thought Tross did OK, nothing major but nothing wrong either. Bit of a dead rubber but he's in the game. Pleased he's got a start under his belt.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Seemed to lack confidence and to be overawed by his fellow teammates, I know he was not playing in his best position, but needs to be more confident at this level ,if he wants to play more often for Belgium . But well done to him for being selected in the first place

Beat me to it. I thought the same

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In fairness to Trossard, with De Bruyne, Hazard and Lukaku in the side, I would imagine the instruction to him and the other players from Martinez was to play safe and look to get the ball to them as soon as possible rather than trying anything themselves, which he did.

For an attacking player playing out of position in a more defensive role than usual, I thought it was a very decent and disciplined performance.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
In fairness to Trossard, with De Bruyne, Hazard and Lukaku in the side, I would imagine the instruction to him and the other players from Martinez was to play safe and look to get the ball to them as soon as possible rather than trying anything themselves, which he did.

For an attacking player playing out of position in a more defensive role than usual, I thought it was a very decent and disciplined performance.

Well put Fareham. Totally agree. He was playing in a pretty unfamiliar position, did well all the same.

TNBA

TTF

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Certainly agree with the second paragraph.

Interesting to see a player who normally wears number 11 on his back, operating mainly as a number 2!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Considering he was playing at the wrong position and actually was completely redundant (I think Belgium would have won with 10 or even 9 players) it was difficult for him to make an impression. Think he did ok under the circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here