Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rectifying daft IKEA assembly balls-upso

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Go at it with a club hammer and completely destroy the basted. You'll find it very cathartic.
Then buy a new one and build it sober.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Pull and wiggle and pull.
You'll probably damage the hole getting it out but it will serve as a reminder not to try diy every time you open the door.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm useless with this stuff as well. last time we kitted out a room with IKEA stuff (a bedroom - large triple wardrobe with sliding doors and drawers inside, two bedside cabinets and two chests of drawers) I found an 'IKEA assembler' online and booked him in to do it. Half a day, job done without the slightest bit of fuss - it's best £100 or so I've ever spent. Would have been two days of misery, assembling and disassembling, cut fingers, bruised thumbs, dented walls and strained relationships at home if I'd tried to do it myself. The guy was self-employed but worked for IKEA (and other furniture shops) most of the time assembling the stuff for display, didn't need the instructions for anything and had a big box of spare bits in case anything was missing.

Having made loads of these kind of balls-ups previously, I would try :

-brute force
-turning the whole thing upside down
-fitting the door the other way round
-leaving it where it is and getting another catch and fitting it on the right side

......but in reality would probably end up just swearing a lot and leaving it

Good luck :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This has echoes of the coffee table with drawer and underside LED lighting me and the doris had to put together on Boxing Day (not an IKEA job, I hasten to add). Sounds simple enough dunnit ? I thought it would take an hour or so tops. 5 hours later we were still dicking around with it. The (tiny) chinese instructions and diagrams were shite beyond belief, and what also didn't help is that they'd mis-labled several of the panels with the wrong stickers (A-B-C etc), which we didn't realise till we'd screwed it on to the wrong bit.

We must've put it together and taken it apart about 4 frigging times before we finally sussed it. Looks lovely now, but bloody hell it was a major trauma, and ruined Boxing Day. Put us both in a foul mood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here