Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stamping on feet

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ampadu gets a red. Finally. This has been the foul of the last 18 months. Needs to be stamped out. :shrug:

Only ever happened to me once in my 'playing' days. It was a deliberate act by an opponent.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've noticed the increased frequency of this happening too. It seems there's a good six or so incidents every game. It happened to me years ago. Broken foot. Somehow managed to cycle back home one-legged! Out for twelve weeks. Still got a huge lump on my foot where the bone fused together again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree but it seems more prevalent with the slo mo replays. IMO the Welsh one today was a deffo red despite the usual whinging crap from Hartson.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not much difference between Ampadu's challenge and Moder's for the penalty yesterday. One red, one yellow.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If you'd stamped on someone when we were kids playing you'd have been sent home and banned from playing. It just wasn't a thing in proper football. . . . Neither was diving or cheating.

Straight red every time.

Hugging and shirt pulling should be a yellow minimum as well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not much difference between Ampadu's challenge and Moder's for the penalty yesterday. One red, one yellow.

Thought Ampadu was a few inches higher myself, which made it worse.

Not that England deserved anything, but Sterling had his foot trodden on in the penalty area the other night and no VAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Ampadu gets a red. Finally. This has been the foul of the last 18 months. Needs to be stamped out. :shrug:

Only ever happened to me once in my 'playing' days. It was a deliberate act by an opponent.

I thought Football boots had steel toe caps back then,
old football boots.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think its a consequence of harsher punishment against tackles above feet height, which is a positive thing. I take a stamping on my feet above getting tackle in ankle, shin or knee height every day of the week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s been very prevalent for 20 years, remember the Argentinian doing it in a club game in 2002 to try to prevent Beckham going to the WC.

Soft boot uppers leaving no protection?

In the EPL, ex-player pundits ALWAYS give the perpetrator the benefit of the doubt with “you can by his eyes that he never looked at the area hurt, so he couldn’t have meant it”.

Strange though, how stamps seem so common now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don’t think it’s as deliberate as how it looks most of the time l, especially in slow mode. That’s never a red for me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its a stamp, its an attempt to foul and could be nasty. since FIFA have decided these warrant straight red. dont see any complaints.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Deliberate in your case maybe, but l certainly don't think that Ampadu set out to deliberately injure their player. That said in the current interpretation of the rules, then he did deserve to go.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Never had this problem with Winfield boots. 6 months of 3 dubbins a week just to get your foot in. Stamp on that yer ******* and you'll break yer foot.

Kids today :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just one of those things, don't think it was deliberate but it did look bad and painful. Could have been a yellow or red for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not deliberate, just poorly timed. That challenge could easily have ended up with the ball as intended. Makes a mockery of a red card when it’s that random.

Seemingly not that random:-

[tweet]1406667975407685641[/tweet]

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
At least these decisions now back up the pen we got against Everton the season before last.

No one thought it at the time but looking at what they are giving now then the Everton challenge was a definite stamp too, just on the back of Connolly's ankle. Definite pen.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Been out most of the day so missed the matches today, just seen the highlights and saw the stamp, pretty diabolical and def worth a straight red.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

To my mind it's akin to hair pulling or pinching. A bitch move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here