Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwegian clubs voting about boycotting Qatar

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
... going on right now. If enough clubs vote for a boycott there Norwegian team wont play in the tournament, and FIFA has indicated this means they could also be banned from the 2026 tournament. Results in a few hours. Will be interesting to see as other countries could follow.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
... going on right now. If enough clubs vote for a boycott there Norwegian team wont play in the tournament, and FIFA has indicated this means they could also be banned from the 2026 tournament. Results in a few hours. Will be interesting to see as other countries could follow.

Interesting, the only surprise is, that this wasn't voted on soon after the decision was made to hold them there, and long before now.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Would be good to see other countries follow suit.

Nice to see football using its reach and influence for some good causes.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

all power to their elbow. there may still be time to cease this embarassing shambles

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe not still too late to move the whole corrupt shitshow to Oz?

Will Oz have opened up its borders by then?

That aside, well done Norway if they vote out - wish England would too. They would have my full support if they did - even better if the PL found a way not to release any players for international duty at the WC. Agree with those who say it's a bit late now though.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
If the failed European Super League serves as a precedent for anything, it’s that the footballing community will ultimately not be force fed anything it doesn’t want to swallow.

I for one don’t want a Qatar Christmas World Cup and I know I’m not alone in that. I would fúcking love it if enough big nations pulled out to make the event unviable after the Qatari’s have spunked billions building their blood-soaked white elephant stadiums.

I would absolutely back our FA in doing so regardless of the consequences - it would be arguably the most progressive thing to have ever happened in football and a massive slap in the face to the people that believe that the beautiful game can be used as a vehicle for financial gain regardless of the wishes of those that ultimately fund it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Fukk FIFA. I hope more countries stand up to them. It'd proper blow up in their faces if they banned all the big nobs from '26.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
And this barely gets a mention, if half a dozen people died in this country it would be everywhere, football should hang its head in shame.

sadfootball.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here