Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jeopardy

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The new commentators’ word for Euro 2020 as used by Danny Mills and today by Trevor Sinclair. Must be in the Talk Sport handbook.

Do you use it?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The new commentators’ word for Euro 2020 as used by Danny Mills and today by Trevor Sinclair. Must be in the Talk Sport handbook.

Do you use it?

Not really, not much. It's a great word though, but shouldn't be used lightly. Having said that, I think I'll try and use it more.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Do you use it?

And Danny Murphy. Not saying it’s not a proper nor common word it’s just that I’ve rarely heard it used in football before, but now it’s one of those words like “absolutely” and “100%” that’s used a lot.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's not a word I use much but it's importance to our European football system was highlighted during the recent European Super League fiasco.

The value of our pyramid system and the inherent jeopardy of any side being able to be relegated is what makes our set-up so special.

Compare this to the US and Australian leagues where each franchise is protected against relegation and you realise how important it is to have jeopardy.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's not a word I use much but it's importance to our European football system was highlighted during the recent European Super League fiasco.

The value of our pyramid system and the inherent jeopardy of any side being able to be relegated is what makes our set-up so special.

Compare this to the US and Australian leagues where each franchise is protected against relegation and you realise how important it is to have jeopardy.

What’s wrong with “Risk”?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Am I missing something with the term....low press?

How long has this been about? Surely it's just defending deep. Putting the word 'press' in there is just trying to put a positive spin on it.

High press. Yes

Low press. Defending deep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here