Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England's George Garton

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
That's excellent news, well done George. A just reward for a good start to the season.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Well done to him :clap::clap::clap:

Really unfortunate for Olly Stone, who I understand is out for the rest of the summer with his 3rd stress fracture.

Was Kirtley the last Sussex born player to play for England while at Sussex?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Really unfortunate for Olly Stone, who I understand is out for the rest of the summer with his 3rd stress fracture.

Mason Crane.

Ah, no, not sure of the last Sussex one. Jim Parks, maybe.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Mason Crane.

Ah, no, not sure of the last Sussex one. Jim Parks, maybe.

If we open it up to people born in Sussex but not playing for us, then I assume James Vince would be the most recent.

I hope Garton does a bit better than either of those two.

I'm not sure why you've gone all the way back to Parks when I've already given Kirtley in the question ???:)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we open it up to people born in Sussex but not playing for us, then I assume James Vince would be the most recent.

I hope Garton does a bit better than either of those two.

I'm not sure why you've gone all the way back to Parks when I've already given Kirtley in the question ???:)

Yeah, neither am I.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

I thought Yardy was from Hastings, just checked ... Turns out he's from Kent. eeew.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
How has Phil Salt not been included?

For the one day squad there is a lot of competition. England are world champions!

But he should have made the T/20 squad alongside Jordan.

Excellent news for Garton though. Fully deserved. Developing into a genuine all rounder too! This does leave Sussex kinda screwed for the last few blast games though.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
For the one day squad there is a lot of competition. England are world champions!

But he should have made the T/20 squad alongside Jordan.

Excellent news for Garton though. Fully deserved. Developing into a genuine all rounder too! This does leave Sussex kinda screwed for the last few blast games though.

Robinson in for Garton.
And er, Crocombe in for Jordan?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Robinson in for Garton. Job done.

Robinson will be in for Jordan. Will Jordan be allowed to play for Sussex immediately after the Sri Lanka games? There’s 2.5 days between the T/20’s and one day stuff. Maybe Garton will need to leave early to integrate with the squad too. Really need their England duties to not overlap!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Robinson will be in for Jordan. Will Jordan be allowed to play for Sussex immediately after the Sri Lanka games? There’s 2.5 days between the T/20’s and one day stuff. Maybe Garton will need to leave early to integrate with the squad too. Really need their England duties to not overlap!

Jordan has been particularly good but I still think success is within reach even without those two .
Robinson , mills , Weise , khan , beer , Claydon . Not too shabby
My fear is that for no apparent reason we capitulate one night . That’s what’s happened before . So far so bloody brilliant though.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Pleased for him but you really dont need to do much to get called up these days

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Jordan has been particularly good but I still think success is within reach even without those two .
Robinson , mills , Weise , khan , beer , Claydon . Not too shabby
My fear is that for no apparent reason we capitulate one night . That’s what’s happened before . So far so bloody brilliant though.

Isn’t Rashid Khan due back at some point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here