Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Yodelling ad

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That yodelling pizza ad was filmed in Brighton, wasn’t it? In those flats going up the hill behind Grand Parade?

So it’s a shame that it’s the most annoying TV ad for many, many years …

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I remember walking to Sussex Street Nursery School, now the site of Carlton Hill School, when they first started building the Albion Hill Flats, when I was four years' old, so 1960.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I hadn't even noticed it was filmed locally . I have to switch off , or mute it as soon as it appears. One of the most annoying adverts I've seen in quite some time . Not sure if it's successful or not , as I'm well aware
it's for Dominoes , but it means I will never consider ordering from them.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Dominos must be facing much stiffer competition now that other fast food chain can be delivered by Uber Eat, Just Eat, Deliveroo etc. Round my way 12 months ago they were the only fast food you could get delivered. Now you can get McDonald's, KFC and a host of other local burger/kebab/pizza joints to your door, if you'd ever wish to.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Only just noticed it now it's been said. It's the flats on Ashton Rise/Grove Hill at the top of Richmond Parade.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Capital One (woman cycling) ad is Worthing seafront.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The Capital One (woman cycling) ad is Worthing seafront.

As an exiled Worthingite, I got very excited when I first saw that advert.

One of those "that looks like... IT IS! IT IS! Look it's Worthing!" Whilst my kids looked at me with barely concealed disdain.

I did the same (only more so) watching the recent Laurel and Hardy movie, when they were judging a beauty contest in the Lido.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
B6BA1AFD-2608-4687-B323-ED4242EDBD42.jpeg
They used my parents front room on Albion hill for the old woman scene

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here