Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford (H) on Sky - 5:30 kick-off on Saturday 21st August

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Well, at least it's still a Saturday game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes there's now a slim chance we can make it.

Thank you Sky.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
As long as the Burnley game isn’t moved I don’t care.

I just want the opening game to be at 3pm on a Saturday.

(And to be there)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As long as the Burnley game isn’t moved I don’t care.

I just want the opening game to be at 3pm on a Saturday.

(And to be there)

I have a teeny weeny hankering to take soft southern shite Jnr up to Burnley, for a rare trip to north north Horsham.

It could be a bit of an eye opener for him, and quite probably the least desirable summer holiday ever.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have a teeny weeny hankering to take soft southern shite Jnr up to Burnley, for a rare trip to north north Horsham.

It could be a bit of an eye opener for him, and quite probably the least desirable summer holiday ever.

Likewise :lolol: Not sure where I'd leave my car though - might take Junior's instead :laugh:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Likewise :lolol: Not sure where I'd leave my car though - might take Junior's instead :laugh:

This will be our first away game since my junior turned 18 (back in Feb) so this game is gonna be by train and pub all the way!!

Hopefully he might even buy a round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Nah train.

3pm kick off, 2 months notice, get cheap tickets...

... although I guess the return ticket out of Burnley will be expensive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well you will need to teach him all about the great unwashed at some stage, so what better time than now?

theboybilly

For the uninitiated Burnley away is not a bad away day. The cons are there of course - it's a convoluted journey (Newcastle is so much easier) but for this year at least all Burnley stations appear to be 'engineering works' free. I've driven it and it is a long, long journey. Getting to the M62 and seeing you still have 90 miles to go is a pain. For me the best bet is staying over if you can as the surrounding area is full of good eateries and pubs. Burnley itself has a couple of decent places to drink but avoid 'Spoons pubs if possible. It isn't the worst away game to attend if you can get past the journey.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
For the uninitiated Burnley away is not a bad away day. The cons are there of course - it's a convoluted journey (Newcastle is so much easier) but for this year at least all Burnley stations appear to be 'engineering works' free. I've driven it and it is a long, long journey. Getting to the M62 and seeing you still have 90 miles to go is a pain. For me the best bet is staying over if you can as the surrounding area is full of good eateries and pubs. Burnley itself has a couple of decent places to drink but avoid 'Spoons pubs if possible. It isn't the worst away game to attend if you can get past the journey.

90 miles from the M62? It’s only that from my house and I live in North Wales!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Don’t mind the driving, apart from awaydays don’t do much long driving otherwise……..done loads of aways by road to Liverpool, Manchester, Preston etc. Do usually fly to Newcastle and Leeds as even easier/more pleasant though and often make a weekend of the longer trips. Can’t see the Mrs being overly keen on a day in Burnley though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here