Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Now TV sports passes - what’s going on?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had a monthly pass all of last season which I cancelled once the season finished.

I was expecting to be able to get a weekend pass for F1 races through the summer but it seems they only do day or month passes now. Is this right?

I am close to being a Ben’s Grandad so please don’t suggest some really complicated (for a non tecchie) workaround with Roku or equivalent, I won’t be able to do it :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Never heard of a weekend pass.

Might have been a weekly pass that I only used at the weekend, but now I only see more expensive day passes or a £39 monthly pass.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
What's gone on is that they've basked in the glory of everyone subscribing due to Covid, and now whacked up the prices like the greedy wankers that they are.

Hopefully some good discounts ahead of the new season but who knows

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I had a monthly pass all of last season which I cancelled once the season finished.

I was expecting to be able to get a weekend pass for F1 races through the summer but it seems they only do day or month passes now. Is this right?

I am close to being a Ben’s Grandad so please don’t suggest some really complicated (for a non tecchie) workaround with Roku or equivalent, I won’t be able to do it :smile:

I will say this only once.....Firestick.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was the same, did the 9 months at £20pm during season, but binned it off this month when they wanted £33.99 in close season. Will await for proper discount again.

When mine was close to expiring they offered me £25 for 6 months. I think I've played full whack once in the last two years.

You can also choose to split it with someone else

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Now tv have realised they have a monopoly on the short term market so the 'deals' have long gone and now their desire is to rip people off or tie people into longer contracts.

There are other options out there though.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
For a subscription it gives you a full sky package and countless overseas channels for football and any other sport

Fair enough, but the point I was making is that doesn’t help the OP to buy a cheap weekend/week pass. I have a fire stick but all it does is enable me to watch my Now Tv app on my tv. I still have to subscribe to Now Tv at the same cost. I don’t actually need the fire stick anymore anyway as the app now appears on Google Play.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Now TV have an offer that ends tomorrow for £20 plus £3 for the boost for a month

That will cover 4 Grand Prix weekends :thumbsup:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Fair enough, but the point I was making is that doesn’t help the OP to buy a cheap weekend/week pass. I have a fire stick but all it does is enable me to watch my Now Tv app on my tv. I still have to subscribe to Now Tv at the same cost. I don’t actually need the fire stick anymore anyway as the app now appears on Google Play.

But if you Google 'how to jailbreak a Firestick' all will become clear to you. How do you think us expats cope?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here