Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sverige vs Slovensko, Hrvatska vs Česká

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sweden vs Slovakia and Croatia vs Czech Republic. I'm thinking England - Scotland will have its own thread.

Two interesting games. Croatia vs Czech Republic should be entertaining as well. Sweden vs Slovakia probably wont be, but important for both teams.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm in a score predictor league on the uefa site, and these 2 games are pretty hard to call, either could be draws or narrow wins for either team, closely matched. Going 1-1 Croatia Czech Rep, Sweden Slovakia still can't decide between 1-0 Sweden or 1-1??

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm in a score predictor league on the uefa site, and these 2 games are pretty hard to call, either could be draws or narrow wins for either team, closely matched. Going 1-1 Croatia Czech Rep, Sweden Slovakia still can't decide between 1-0 Sweden or 1-1??

Yeah I wish I knew... Sweden should be a little bit better than Slovakia though, would go with the 1-0.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah I wish I knew... Sweden should be a little bit better than Slovakia though, would go with the 1-0.

Leaning towards the Sweden win because of Alexander Isak, he's class. A brilliant young player with a big future.

Would love him here, but never gonna happen

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Speaker on the stadium revealing the Swedish lineup while practising many hours before kickoff... muppetarian.

Same starting eleven so not the biggest deal but not very professional.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Pedants corner: Actually Česko, because Czech is weird like that (the endings of words change a lot, it's a bit of a nightmare to learn)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Speaker on the stadium revealing the Swedish lineup while practising many hours before kickoff... muppetarian.

Same starting eleven so not the biggest deal but not very professional.

Or using the previous team selection for practice ?

You've started early this morning, a little something to calm the nerves :smokin:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Leaning towards the Sweden win because of Alexander Isak, he's class. A brilliant young player with a big future.

Would love him here, but never gonna happen

Perfect signing for us.

He’ll get a move this summer as he seems to be on £20k per week at a fairly average club.

We could easily triple that and pay Real Sociedad £25m but I don’t think that would be enough.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Perfect signing for us.

He’ll get a move this summer as he seems to be on £20k per week at a fairly average club.

We could easily triple that and pay Real Sociedad £25m but I don’t think that would be enough.

I'd love it if we went for him, but you're right, someone further up the pyramid will go for him, especially with a few more good euros performances for Sweden.

And as Darwin Nunez and Nicolas Gonalez show, choice of Albion or A.N other european club and he aint coming here

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Listening to the Swedish reporter describing the Russian covid regulations... pretty impressive tbh. Sounds very, very strict.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'd love it if we went for him, but you're right, someone further up the pyramid will go for him, especially with a few more good euros performances for Sweden.

And as Darwin Nunez and Nicolas Gonalez show, choice of Albion or A.N other european club and he aint coming here

Yeah I agree. Sadly players of his caliber will have his pick of top clubs in Europe. We can’t compete.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
For me the biggest interest in these games is the performance of Croatia. Before England played them, there was a fair amount of respect for Croatia as technicians, as a team, and of course some stand out midfielders.

After we beat them “they were poor”, “on the decline”, “not as good as the Czechs”.

I’m not sure that is the case, I think people have taken for granted Englands win. And I think likewise the Scots have overplayed the Czechs.

I would be quite happy to see a thumping win for the Croats later.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This game is dull. Too bad there's no Zlatan to score with a backheel from the halfway line or something. Actually just Zlatan standing in the centre circle staring at people imperiously would be more entertaining than this game ao far.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Gutted.
What was the general feeling when it was initially announced that he was making a comeback?

That it was fun and quite surprising. Some people moaned about him not being in the qualifiers or being too old, but when he is fit he is still a top class player and I think Swedes should enjoy the few more times we'll see him in the national team. I hope he sticks around until Qatar 2022, he'll be 41 by then but age doesnt seem to be a problem for him (though his body might disagree).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That it was fun and quite surprising. Some people moaned about him not being in the qualifiers or being too old, but when he is fit he is still a top class player and I think Swedes should enjoy the few more times we'll see him in the national team. I hope he sticks around until Qatar 2022, he'll be 41 by then but age doesnt seem to be a problem for him (though his body might disagree).

That was what I thought might happen. I love Zlatan, absolute beast of a player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here