Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tories lose Chesham and Amersham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another by-election bloody nose opportunity taken that will have no relevance on the GE when it happens, being interpreted and exaggerated by the MSM. :shrug:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What excuses will the usual suspects on here come up with?
It’s one hell of a swing - 16000+ to 8000+.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
apparantly tactical voting. labour, lib dem, greens etc ganged up.

Hoping this catches on !!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another by-election bloody nose opportunity taken that will have no relevance on the GE when it happens, being interpreted and exaggerated by the MSM. :shrug:

Indeed ..... the turn out was down nearly 25% over the GE. Tories just stayed at home as it will make zero difference to the government of the country.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

it is a very large switch in vote in solid blue territory.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting.

Have the shires had enough of the Tories?

I keep saying this.

Anywhere with a majority of educated people are going to turn on this Government. Educated Brexiteers have acknowledged the win and moved on. Your church wardens, your WI leaders, the pillars of leafy suburban and rural England are sick of Johnson & co. They are smart enough to see how astonishingly incompetent this lot are. They are not drunk on the nationalism, the bias levelling-up, the anti-immigration or anti-identity politics spouted by this awful cabinet.

The Tories have lost the Times, Daily Mail & Telegraph readers but Sun readers will remain loyal.

The next election is ON! I can now see a Lib-Dem-Labour coalition which I believe would be the best outcome for the Country.

The Blue wall in the south will be demolished!

Fantastic result!

I think the proximity of HS2's route to Amersham may have played a part as well. But nevertheless a very big swing against the Tories. The acid test will be at the next GE. Often you see results like this mid-term but they then revert at the next GE. Will also require Labour/Lib Dem/Greens not falling out over who is going to target which seats if they really want to make a dent in the south.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There was a by-election ?

I've been watching GBNews all week and they never mentioned it
And almost certainly won't give much coverage of the result.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I keep saying this.

Anywhere with a majority of educated people are going to turn on this Government. Educated Brexiteers have acknowledged the win and moved on. Your church wardens, your WI leaders, the pillars of leafy suburban and rural England are sick of Johnson & co. They are smart enough to see how astonishingly incompetent this lot are. They are not drunk on the nationalism, the bias levelling-up, the anti-immigration or anti-identity politics spouted by this awful cabinet.

The Tories have lost the Times, Daily Mail & Telegraph readers but Sun readers will remain loyal.

The next election is ON! I can now see a Lib-Dem-Labour coalition which I believe would be the best outcome for the Country.

The Blue wall in the south will be demolished!

Fantastic result!

I wouldn't go that far.

Must say I'm surprised at the result. But the Lib Dems are the best campaigning party and it is clear that there has been vote lending here on a huge scale.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not just the swing from Tories, its the number for Liberals, gained 7000 in a by-election.

was also a disaster for Labour, 655 (six hundred and fifty five) votes, barely ahead of Reform UK. have to wonder if much tactical voting going on and otehr local issues. been naff all news in the run up unlike normal by-elections.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
its not just the swing from Tories, its the number for Liberals, gained 7000 in a by-election.

was also a disaster for Labour, 655 (six hundred and fifty five) votes, barely ahead of Reform UK. have to wonder if much tactical voting going on and otehr local issues. been naff all news in the run up unlike normal by-elections.

Labour basically stepped aside didn’t they? I guess they hope libs do same In Batley and spen.

Tactical voting was talked about at the last election but jezza and the Lib Dems just wouldn’t agree on anything so it never went anywhere.

It is odd not much news in build up or since really because for Hartlepool they were all over it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Labour voters agreed to vote tactically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here