Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wow !!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
We've come a long way.

Little old Brighton turning down a bid of £40m for BW.:ohmy:

I remember getting excited when Brighton won the £100K prize from Coca Cola that landed Kazim-Richards !!!!!

D

Deleted member 22389

We've come a long way.

Little old Brighton turning down a bid of £40m for BW.:ohmy:

I remember getting excited when Brighton won the £100K prize from Coca Cola that landed Kazim-Richards !!!!!

We've come a long way, just don't mention the coca cola kid.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Leicester have turned down 70 for Maddison, so Yves must be £50+ as well.

silly season on the funny farms is upon us.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
£40m is a lot of money. Problem is that the bigger clubs tend to try and pay in multiple instalments with at times ridiculous add on clauses. If arse offered £40m in cash, up front then it’s a serious offer.
If Brighton do sell their best players they need the cash to try and tempt decent replacements. Personally I don’t think we have the squad to replace them, so they will need to be found.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I really like the way we handle transfers, both in and out. A lesser club would be feeling under serious pressure to take an offer like this. Unless White puts in a transfer request, we can afford to play the long game and get the type of deal worthy of a top player.

I still think Ben White is our third-best defender though.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
I think White is essentially cover for John Stones or if we play three at back and Mings is cover for Maguire. Can't see White getting in the side if we are playing 4 at back and Stones is fit. A combo of Stones and White is maybe to lightweight. Stones and Maguire is Southgate first choice pairing. Perhaps if we beat Scotland then Southgate might give the odd fringe player a run out in last group game? I think we need to make sure we win the group though don't we because of the draw?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think White is essentially cover for John Stones or if we play three at back and Mings is cover for Maguire. Can't see White getting in the side if we are playing 4 at back and Stones is fit. A combo of Stones and White is maybe to lightweight. Stones and Maguire is Southgate first choice pairing. Perhaps if we beat Scotland then Southgate might give the odd fringe player a run out in last group game? I think we need to make sure we win the group though don't we because of the draw?

We do not want to win our group or we'll be going home earlier than hoped.

Or exactly as expected.

we'd be better off 3rd with 4 points than winning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d truly be disappointed if White leaves….but we have a very able and ready made replacement in Veltman. I’d take 50m.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
White is a classy player but is our third-best centre back.
He might go onto great things , he might not.
I’d take anything north of £50m and I’m confident we would be fine without him.
Bissouma will be a harder gap to fill.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
£40m is a lot of money. Problem is that the bigger clubs tend to try and pay in multiple instalments with at times ridiculous add on clauses. If arse offered £40m in cash, up front then it’s a serious offer.
If Brighton do sell their best players they need the cash to try and tempt decent replacements. Personally I don’t think we have the squad to replace them, so they will need to be found.

Personally, I think you're totally wrong. The replacement for White is already here - the question is whether it's Ostigard or Clarke, or maybe Van Hecke has developed to the head of the queue? Veltman might become first choice in the 3 with Lamptey back fit and maybe another right back to come in, or a development squad RB to get more of a chance. I think the squad is incredible and the progression of the squad is sensational.

In midfield, Caicedo is knocking on the door. Moder is a central midfielder, Alzate as well. Maybe Propper will come in from the cold.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Personally, I think you're totally wrong. The replacement for White is already here - the question is whether it's Ostigard or Clarke, or maybe Van Hecke has developed to the head of the queue? Veltman might become first choice in the 3 with Lamptey back fit and maybe another right back to come in, or a development squad RB to get more of a chance. I think the squad is incredible and the progression of the squad is sensational.

In midfield, Caicedo is knocking on the door. Moder is a central midfielder, Alzate as well. Maybe Propper will come in from the cold.

Letting players move on higher up the food chain is all very well, but timing is everything. If we sell Bissouma and White this summer it will be a big ask for Moder and Veltman to fill their shoes. I wouldn't say Caicedo if knocking on the door - for me, that means he's put in four or five decent performances as sub in the Prem; I think we've barely seen 4 or 5 decent performances for the Under-23s. It would be remarkable if he went straight into a starting berth in midfield.

Alzate is a decent utility player, while I think Davy is done here.

The thing that worries me is the talk about Lamptey.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I think you could have got a fandabedozy or a super****ingsonic in there as well if you'd wanted to.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I hope we sell him for 50m. Would clean up the clubs finances amazingly and also he's not that good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here