Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - The Staying Up Tracker - season 21-22 Final Update - 11 ABOVE

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Really looking forward to Dirty Leeds now. First, and only long distance away day of the season for me, I was meant to do Newcastle, but covid intervened.
Mrs LLF coming with me, she went today, and doesn’t see us lose often.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
What a mad season. Couldnt see where another point or goal was going to come from after that run of 6 defeats, and now look at us! Top 10 is very much on!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If you’d said after that 6th defeat in a row that the next 7 games would see us fail to win points only once and beat Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd I’d have said you were potty.
This is EXACTLY why I have a firm "one game at a time' approach to football. You never *quite* know what's going to happen...

Yesterday was just off the scale bonkers. Completely surreal but, equally, something I'd be been expecting/hoping for all season. Just not against Manchester United!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
If you’d said after that 6th defeat in a row that the next 7 games would see us fail to win points only once and beat Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd I’d have said you were potty.

Firstly, top marks for the use of the word "potty". But I agree, I was so demoralised after those 6 defeats (and the frustrating manner of some of those defeats) that I couldn't see where the next points were coming from. I thought at one point we might be safe on 33-34 points but now even 38 may not be enough. But WHAT a last few weeks it's been - absolutely joyful.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Was going to post this yesterday but the lovely red wine was going down too well...

len7.jpg

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Don't care about the curse any more, can't finish the season any lower than 7up. Happy days.

Fido-drinking.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

My Leeds STH supporting former colleague (who I’m meeting for brunch next Sunday pre-match) messaged me….

‘F*****g hell, please, please don’t do that to us next week, you tore them a new one’

I replied saying we’re much better when we’re away :D

I hope you're sending him plenty of messages now!

My Leeds mate hasn't replied to one of my whatsapp.....strange that.:lol:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
What a mad season. Couldnt see where another point or goal was going to come from after that run of 6 defeats, and now look at us! Top 10 is very much on!

It's the 'funny old game'; I have been a supporter for 57 years and still fall in the trap of assuming defeat will follow defeat and win follow win. I just can't seem to listen to GP's softly given advice to ignore the highs and ignore the lows.

The 0-0 against Norwich was the pits for me; I very nearly gave up ST in favour of buying game by game but by dint of good fortune had bought a ticket for Arsenal and had a no commitment day so thought I would go, have a good moan as we would be clueless and have 0 shots on target, but I would then feel I have done my bit before chucking ST.

The rest is history as they say....

....and of course we will go to Leeds, be clueless, have 0 shots on target, have a good moan, and so it goes on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
8 (EIGHT) over. Happy days. Although it could have been 10!!

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 37.png
    NSC Fixtures 37.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 273
  • NSC Graph 37.png
    NSC Graph 37.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 273
  • NSC Others 37.png
    NSC Others 37.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 267

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The all season comparison really highlights this lovely late season burst!

Attachments

• NSC All Seasons Comparison.png
    NSC All Seasons Comparison.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 438

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And a free hit to finish with! Marvellous scenes :p

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The all season comparison really highlights this lovely late season burst!

lest we forget the run of last gasp draws and 7 utter shit shows.

If it got shuffled to a W-L-D format we'd end up in the same position with lower BP and more hair. funny ole game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worth noting, as I didn't say it before, but EIGHT above is a new record over! And a free hit yet to come.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
11 (ELEVEN) over! Ending the season on our highest over of the season and EVER. A thoroughly brilliant season.

Thanks for watching, back next season.

And if anyone wants to takeover my 3x 1901 tickets next season please ping me a message.

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 38.png
    NSC Fixtures 38.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 295
  • NSC Graph 38.png
    NSC Graph 38.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 294

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
-2 to +11 in 8 games takes some doing.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
All hail the tracker and all hail Giraffe. When times get hard, this thread is here to remind us to keep our chin up and sheets dry.

Love you all. Can’t wait til fixtures!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here