Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - The Staying Up Tracker - season 21-22 Final Update - 11 ABOVE

Currently we're -

0 points games (coming up: Man Utd (A), Spurs (H)
P9, W1, D7, L1 - 10pts
1 point games (coming up: Watford (A)
P7, W3, D3 L1 - 12pts
3 point games (coming up: Villa (H), Burnley (H)
P6, W2, D2, L2 - 8pts

So far this season:

0 point target = 1.11 ppg
1 point target = 1.71 ppg
3 point target = 1.33 ppg

Still to play:

0 point target – 6 games @ 1.11 = 6.66 points
1 point target – 3 games @ 1.71 = 5.13 points
3 point target – 7 games @ 1.33 = 9.31 points

So if we continue the rest of the season in the same way, we could get another 21 points.

Giving us a predicted total of 51 points at the end of the season.

Last season Villa finished 11th with 55 points and Newcastle finished 12th with 45 points. Leeds and Everton finished 9th and 10th with 59 points, so with a bit of improvement in picking up a couple more 'expected' wins we could finish in the top half.

I don't know how the table to date compares with last season in terms of points totals to know if the target may be lower/higher this season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I look at things very differently. The Tracker bore far closer resemblance to our results under CH than it does for GP. We rarely picked up anything from the top six under CH, whereas we have done consistently under GP. We're less effective against our relegation (ex?) rivals now, because we're less good at breaking down teams that play a low, deep block than we are at exploiting opportunities against the (top half) teams that come at us.

I think that's last seasons issue you are illustrating. I don't recognise what you describe in the numbers this year. We're very slightly under-performing against Bottom 10, and significantly over-performing against top 10 sides.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The first two show how well we are doing, 22 points from a target of 7 points.

The last one tells us what we already knew, that we struggle to win against the teams that are defending for their lives and don't give us space to play into – 8 points from a target of 18 points.

Not sure you are totally right here. Some of those 1 point games were against Bottom 10 sides away from home. And we've done well.

Our issue with bottom sides is not as marked as it was last season, but it is still an issue at The Amex, where (even really good) teams really do park the bus and time waste.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But I've been a Brighton fan long enough to fear we will lose one of the target wins and probably draw the other, plus Watford could well be on another new manager bounce by then.

So a regression towards the black line and away from the orange one is more where my expectations lie, and the hope/dream would be 39-40 points before March.

Ah, so you were a fan back in November. :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
But I've been a Brighton fan long enough to fear we will lose one of the target wins and probably draw the other, plus Watford could well be on another new manager bounce by then.

So a regression towards the black line and away from the orange one is more where my expectations lie, and the hope/dream would be 39-40 points before March.

Watford are always on a new manager bounce. Up and down like a bride's nightie.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
7 points over. Full update to follow later. Time to wet the bed but in a different way…

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Thoroughly looking forward to the updated tracker!
a2dc45b0cf2bcaaafa643458aa354412.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Aaaaaaaand here we go. Lovely.

Big bonus point opportunity up next...

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 23.png
    NSC Fixtures 23.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 499
  • NSC Graph 23.png
    NSC Graph 23.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We're back on the Orange. I think we may need a couple of extra columns for the Europe Tracker in there now. Gosh.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Probably our best chance ever at picking up a result at Old Trafford?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Thanks as always for this great tracker. Looking ahead at the fixtures, if we keep to the tracker but somehow also manage to WIN THE LAST THREE games of the season, NSC will go into meltdown and the Albion will probably be in Europe! West Ham last game of the season!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Marvellous scenes.

Have we ever been 7 (Seven) over before?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Meanwhile Crystal Palace are bottom of 'The Other 14' Twitter tracker with only 3 home games left against Bottom 14 clubs. So much for the 'Hardest start since football began' nonsense :D

Indeed they are. And looking a little vulnerable in our tracker league table now updated after the weekend's games.

Also look how far adrift we are in "real terms" from Wolves. Could change quite quickly though as a lot of free hits coming up. I'd fancy something Tuesday for starters, and also think we could beat Spurs at least once this season.

All to play for but our position highlights the tough run to come.

Attachments

• NSC Others 23.png
    NSC Others 23.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 289

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
All to play for but our position highlights the tough run to come.
And also emphasises that everyone from Leeds down is far from safe.

Or as the table stands at the moment, everyone from Palace down...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here