Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v India - Only Test - Bristol

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Well I'm interested, even if nobody else is :lolol:

Regardless of what England team you follow, a collapse is never far away:
From 230/2 finished at 269/6

Also, despite the larger proportion of overs bowled by spinners, they apparently still can't get the overs in. Which show what bollocks the idea of fitting more overs into a day during a 4 day test is.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
More concerned about the use of an active wicket. Poor show.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've had shedloads of work today so I missed keeping an eye on this - only caught bits of the Wales match.

Work should be banned in the summer when there are test matches and football tournaments (and that's before the Lions tour)

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Shame the mini-collapse spoiled what was otherwise a good day for England with the bat. Hopefully we can push on tomorrow morning.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Junior is off to watch this (Fri I think) as part of a weekend on the lash. Weather doesn’t look very hopeful for the rest of it though.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Junior is off to watch this (Fri I think) as part of a weekend on the lash. Weather doesn’t look very hopeful for the rest of it though.

I went to a day of the test against Australia at Taunton a couple of years ago. I'd say my lack of specific memories is 50/50 between the amount of beer drunk and England's generally underwhelming performance in that game. I eventually found somebody willing to give me pints of Tribute from the cupboard rather than the fridge.

As a day out it's pretty much the same as the men's game, barring the lack of genuinely fast bowlers, but for less than half the price.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thought when England were 140/1 (or thereabouts) how much Joe Root must be cursing the fact he has to put up with his openers instead of some competent ones

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went to a day of the test against Australia at Taunton a couple of years ago. I'd say my lack of specific memories is 50/50 between the amount of beer drunk and England's generally underwhelming performance in that game. I eventually found somebody willing to give me pints of Tribute from the cupboard rather than the fridge.

As a day out it's pretty much the same as the men's game, barring the lack of genuinely fast bowlers, but for less than half the price.

I've been to a few women's internationals - but only the whizz-bang stuff, not a test. The best one was a game against NZ 17 years ago. It was the day before Pride and the whole County Crowd seemed to be filled with drunken lesbians making lewd comments. It was quite an atmosphere (as the game, Isa Guha took a four or five-fer to win the game for England)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Did watch in and out today and maybe harsh but couldnt believe how many rank bad balls were bowled

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I've been to a few women's internationals - but only the whizz-bang stuff, not a test. The best one was a game against NZ 17 years ago. It was the day before Pride and the whole County Crowd seemed to be filled with drunken lesbians making lewd comments. It was quite an atmosphere (as the game, Isa Guha took a four or five-fer to win the game for England)

I've also been to a women's ODI between England and Australia at Bristol (it may or may not have been part of the world cup a few years ago, I think it was a group game or something). I had to remain largely sober throughout as I was driving that evening, and can remember that it went down to the last ball with Australia needing about 5 to win.

After a quick root around it turns out to be this game:
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ralia-women-19th-match-1085963/full-scorecard

Pretty much an ideal ODI.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
England pushing on today and now over 350. Well done to Dunkley getting a 50 on debut.

Given that this is a 4 day test, and the weather forecast isn't great I'm a bit surprised we're still batting but maybe we'd rather have a draw than go for a win...

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
After a good start for India, they've gone from 167/0 to 183/5 (including the nightwatchman).

Seems everybody's determined to not reach three figures.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's a fantastic collapse - almost England-like. Should wrap this innings up in the morning. Is the follow-on 150? If so, we should have them in before lunch

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yowser, that ball from Brunt to bowl Vastrakar is absolutely unplayable - that would have bowled anyone from men's cricket, let alone a women's no 10.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
India all out for 231, have been asked to follow on.

They're now 29/1 at lunch.

I'm not a betting man I'd, but I'd put odds of an India win at about 500/1 at this point.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
India all out for 231, have been asked to follow on.

They're now 29/1 at lunch.

I'm not a betting man I'd, but I'd put odds of an India win at about 500/1 at this point.

Relying on the female Tendulkar to rack up a double hundred. Looks seriously impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here