Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

England v India - Only Test - Bristol

1 Not allowed!
    England have made a good start - 84/1 at lunch.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...-cricket-score

I gather it's on Sky Sports Cricket.

Local interest, Georgia Elwiss of Sussex CCC is in the England team.

Early days, but if it goes well it may turn out to be the only test match an England side win for a while.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Well I'm interested, even if nobody else is

Regardless of what England team you follow, a collapse is never far away:
      From 230/2 finished at 269/6

Also, despite the larger proportion of overs bowled by spinners, they apparently still can't get the overs in. Which show what bollocks the idea of fitting more overs into a day during a 4 day test is.

0 Not allowed!
      More concerned about the use of an active wicket. Poor show.
      '‘If ever you want to invade the world you should get Brighton Lines to draw up the plans. But carry them out yourself, because he would take you to Calais and realise he’d left the ammunition on the quayside at Dover…’
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I've had shedloads of work today so I missed keeping an eye on this - only caught bits of the Wales match.

Work should be banned in the summer when there are test matches and football tournaments (and that's before the Lions tour)
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      More concerned about the use of an active wicket. Poor show.
      Agree. The ECB should give themselves a suspension for the sexist action of providing a wicket played on for 39 overs. Inclusion and diversity my arse.

0 Not allowed!
      Shame the mini-collapse spoiled what was otherwise a good day for England with the bat. Hopefully we can push on tomorrow morning.
      Sports nut. BHAFC East Stand and BHAWFC season ticket holder. Brighton and Newcastle supporter.

Raising money for Albion in the Community via the #AlbionChallenge https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...challenge-2020

0 Not allowed!
      Junior is off to watch this (Fri I think) as part of a weekend on the lash. Weather doesn’t look very hopeful for the rest of it though.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Junior is off to watch this (Fri I think) as part of a weekend on the lash. Weather doesn’t look very hopeful for the rest of it though.
      I went to a day of the test against Australia at Taunton a couple of years ago. I'd say my lack of specific memories is 50/50 between the amount of beer drunk and England's generally underwhelming performance in that game. I eventually found somebody willing to give me pints of Tribute from the cupboard rather than the fridge.

As a day out it's pretty much the same as the men's game, barring the lack of genuinely fast bowlers, but for less than half the price.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Thought when England were 140/1 (or thereabouts) how much Joe Root must be cursing the fact he has to put up with his openers instead of some competent ones

Am I watching Brighton or Barcelona?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sid in the Sharknado View Post
      I went to a day of the test against Australia at Taunton a couple of years ago. I'd say my lack of specific memories is 50/50 between the amount of beer drunk and England's generally underwhelming performance in that game. I eventually found somebody willing to give me pints of Tribute from the cupboard rather than the fridge.

As a day out it's pretty much the same as the men's game, barring the lack of genuinely fast bowlers, but for less than half the price.
      I've been to a few women's internationals - but only the whizz-bang stuff, not a test. The best one was a game against NZ 17 years ago. It was the day before Pride and the whole County Crowd seemed to be filled with drunken lesbians making lewd comments. It was quite an atmosphere (as the game, Isa Guha took a four or five-fer to win the game for England)
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio