Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hay fever injection ( Kenalog)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Anyone had any experience with the hay fever injection (Kenslog)
Wife suffers every summer and asked yesterday in a pharmecy,
Pharmacist explained it’s steroid based and reeled off a list of side effects!! This put the wife off a bit and saved £75..

Reading up last night is it worth having ?

Any experience?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
HAving been on steroids for 2 years and now weaned off . . . .don't touch. I'm still suffering salightly ( nothing to do with hay fever) but its better than side effects, theyy **** you up.

Kenslog should stick to making corn flakes.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I'm a long term hayfever sufferer and the last two weeks have been appalling...all down to a cold, wet May that meant the pollen was "saved up" and went off like a bomb over the last fortnight.

Over the counter stuff just doesn't work for me, but Fexofenadine on a prescription helps to a degree. However I do have a Kenalog shot. It's meant to be every other year (it can affect your bone density - it's a steroid of course) and I had one last year but I caved in on Monday because the symptoms were horrendous. It definitely alleviates a large percentage of the symptoms - for instance my eyes are now only slightly itchy c/w very itchy, bright red, puffy and caked in the morning a la conjunctivitis prior to the jab. Honestly I'd recommend it having it for anyone who suffers badly because it's a bloody nightmare to deal with.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I suffer badly with hay fever, only tablet that has worked for me without drowsiness is Cetrizine Hydrochloride. Cheap as paracetamol if you don’t buy the branded stuff. 1 of these and even walking the dog through freshly cut dry fields of grasses and I’m still good.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I suffer badly with hay fever, only tablet that has worked for me without drowsiness is Cetrizine Hydrochloride. Cheap as paracetamol if you don’t buy the branded stuff. 1 of these and even walking the dog through freshly cut dry fields of grasses and I’m still good.

Ditto. My GP recommended it to me a couple of years ago.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm a long term hayfever sufferer and the last two weeks have been appalling...all down to a cold, wet May that meant the pollen was "saved up" and went off like a bomb over the last fortnight.

Over the counter stuff just doesn't work for me, but Fexofenadine on a prescription helps to a degree. However I do have a Kenalog shot. .

I get hay fever and have dust allergy too. Used to take Cetrizine Hydrochloride but it never quite cut it and got prescribed Fexofenadine a few years ago which has been brilliant for me. That and a nasal spray branded as Dymysta basically sort me right out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here