Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Absolutely class own goal

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I thought fix immediately, but I'm not sure. His kick with the right foot looked genuine and controlled, but the ball wasn't there because of the nudge from his left foot. I think he's just made a mess of it, it doesn't look fixed to me because that's SO hard to do deliberately.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm loving the celebrations and hugging of the Canadian team.. just who are they congratulating????? Footballers eh?

Canada don't have much to celebrate when it comes to football. You've got to take every opportunity which comes your way.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Canada don't have much to celebrate when it comes to football. You've got to take every opportunity which comes your way.

To be fair, this is a serious Canadian team. Jonathan David is fantastic and Alphonso Davies is a talent. Sam Adekugbe (of Brighton losing to Lincoln fame) has appeared a few times at left back as well I've been noticing.

[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] might be required to let people know who he was!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not by anyone my age it ain't! :lolol:

How old are you?

Len Shackleton, former Newcastle, Sunderland and England player was known as the "Clown Prince of Soccer" for much of his career between 1940 - 1957.
Subbuteo was called Table Soccer in the 1960s.
My 1972 copy of Rothmans Football Yearbook refers to the Rules of Soccer on the first page.
Between 1972-1982 in Roy of the Rovers "The Safest Hands in Soccer told the story of Gordon Stewart, Scottish goalkeeper for second division Tynefield City".
In the 1980s the most famous football shop in London, perhaps even the entire UK was called Soccer Scene.
In the 1990s Gary Lineker presented a TV show called "Soccer in the 70s".
Soccer AM has been a fixture on Sky Sports for the past 26 years.

So when is it that the word Soccer has not been in common parlance in the UK during your lifetime?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
How old are you?

Len Shackleton, former Newcastle, Sunderland and England player was known as the "Clown Prince of Soccer" for much of his career between 1940 - 1957.
Subbuteo was called Table Soccer in the 1960s.
My 1972 copy of Rothmans Football Yearbook refers to the Rules of Soccer on the first page.
Between 1972-1982 in Roy of the Rovers "The Safest Hands in Soccer told the story of Gordon Stewart, Scottish goalkeeper for second division Tynefield City".
In the 1980s the most famous football shop in London, perhaps even the entire UK was called Soccer Scene.
In the 1990s Gary Lineker presented a TV show called "Soccer in the 70s".
Soccer AM has been a fixture on Sky Sports for the past 26 years.

So when is it that the word Soccer has not been in common parlance in the UK during your lifetime?

Old enough to have seen most of that. Still don't like the word though :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here