Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Sim only deals?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone used, or using Lebara?

Any good?

And what are Vodafone like for reception?, as that's what they use apparently.

Cheers.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If you're looking at providers that piggyback on Vodafone, and don't need the international minutes, I'd go with Voxi.

£15 a month non contract gets you 15gb data, unlimited texts and calls, plus unlimited social media and unlimited video (from your own Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, TikTok and some others.)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you're looking at providers that piggyback on Vodafone, and don't need the international minutes, I'd go with Voxi.

£15 a month non contract gets you 15gb data, unlimited texts and calls, plus unlimited social media and unlimited video (from your own Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, TikTok and some others.)

Thanks.
Don't need anywhere near that data or any of those gubbings that go with it. I'll check out their other plans though, as not heard of them before.

I'm looking at £6.95 for 10gb, unlimited minutes and texts.

Most important though is coverage, so really I suppose it's a question about Vodafone, as I've never used them before.

Thanks.
Don't need anywhere near that data or any of those gubbings that go with it. I'll check out their other plans though, as not heard of them before.

I'm looking at £6.95 for 10gb, unlimited minutes and texts.

Most important though is coverage, so really I suppose it's a question about Vodafone, as I've never used them before.

That's roughly what I pay for Plusnet. Might even be unlimited, I don't know because I don't use much data

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Lebara are famously a bit shit for customer service aren’t they? There’s a reason they have a reputation as a drug dealers SIM card in certain circles.

I use GiffGaff on a pay monthly deal, never had any problems. If you set up a direct debit (which you can cancel any time) they’ll give you 25GB of data a month for £15 and if think unused data rolls over. If you do end up going with them then let me know, I’ve got a referral code which will give us a both a fiver of credit I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah another shout out for GiffGaff.
I've been with them for years not even the hint of a problem.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Another shout out for GiffGaff. You can change your plan to a lower priced one at any time. They even tell you if you can mange on a cheaper deal!

Never any problem with coverage or payments, which means zero hassle and stress.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
vodafone and O2 have the highest coverage and its pretty much everywhere in the South East, except dead spots. you might want to check their coverage maps to see if you're likely to be in those.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
vodafone and O2 have the highest coverage and its pretty much everywhere in the South East, except dead spots. you might want to check their coverage maps to see if you're likely to be in those.

I gambled on my latest phone.

I knew that Three only used 3 of the 4 UK 4g bands on it. I was hoping that would be fine. It hasn't quite delivered unfortunately.

By I like the phone and don't want the pfaff of getting rid. I like to keep the same phone for the long term.

O2 and Vodafone have all 4 of the bands. So I'm looking at another cheap sim only deal using one of them.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Been on vodafone for 20 years. Coverage is excellent all over the country, except for Worthing seafront between Splash Point and Lancing Beach Green.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If WiFi calling or SMS is of interest, you need to be with one of the big main providers. I don't get much signal at home so pay EE £10/month for 10GB 4G data, unlimited calls and the all-important WiFi calling. It was a deal through USwitch.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Been with Vodafone for years £14 unlimited calls and texts 20g, 5G and free use when using abroad (nice when I was able to use it). Deal done sometime ago, son who renewed a month after got the same deal but with 40G.
You do need to check the area you are using it in, for example useless in areas of Rottingdean.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I have a sim only freebie from virgin media as part of my tv package, unlimited useage. Very pleased so far

+1 for virgin sim only. found it's got very good coverage around Sussex. cancelled my VM media, so it's a £9 pcm 8gb data, unlimited calls and txts, data rollover means I always seem to have about 18gb of data to use each month, because it keeps carrying over what I don't use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here