Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] BBC Journalist harassed

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
People are protesting about measures taken in the face of a global pandemic? Geez, what sort of moron have some of our fellow citizens been breeding all these years?

The world needs thinning out, this is natures way of clearing the weeds to allow the forest to grow, trouble is too many weeds have embedded themselves into comfortable nooks and crannies, and due to the diligence of others are allow to survive safe in their middle class world of fear and hate.

As usual the poor and desperate suffer due to the belligerence of the middle class warriors.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Probably one of the following which are still not allowed.

Dancing at a wedding (other than the first dance)
Not being served a pint at a Wetherspoons bar, and standing around being idiots
Falling down drink on a nightclub dance floor
Not wanting to quarantine after their annual holiday in Benidorm

Erm that's about it.

Make a living in hospitality or travel
Visit a sick person in hospital
Travel
Watch and play sport
Have unlimited visits to care homes
Get cancer treatment
Face to face GP appointments
School sports days
Graduations
Concerts
Festivals
How about just going about day to day life without checking an app or wearing a face covering...

What is wrong with the following that you have mentioned - Wetherspoons, Benidorm, dancing at wedding, falling over drunk

By the way I don't agree with chasing and threatening behaviour of anyone. I do believe in good debate and discussion

SAC

May 21, 2014
Make a living in hospitality or travel
Visit a sick person in hospital
Travel
Watch and play sport
Have unlimited visits to care homes
Get cancer treatment
Face to face GP appointments
School sports days
Graduations
Concerts
Festivals
How about just going about day to day life without checking an app or wearing a face covering...

What is wrong with the following that you have mentioned - Wetherspoons, Benidorm, dancing at wedding, falling over drunk

By the way I don't agree with chasing and threatening behaviour of anyone. I do believe in good debate and discussion

The sooner we get this pandemic under control, the sooner we will be able to do all these things again (although we can already do some of them) which will only happen if enough people are vaccinated. The alternative is to sit back and see what happens, possibly nothing or possibly another 128,000 deaths. It would be quite a gable to do nothing, similar to what the goverment wanted to do right at the beginning.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Surely if you are going to protest in such a manner then you have to direct your ire at those responsible for the cluster**** we are now in; our lying PM and his bunch of crooked chums.

Sir Astra Zeneca on R4 this morning said that hospitalisations from the Indian variant is about 200. 3 deaths yesterday "attributed" to covid.

Remind me why we are still having these restrictions? Couldn't be political could it? Couldn't be the PM delaying full release so the enquiry can be delayed so it isn't published until after the next election?

Boris says he is "following the data". He isn't!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's almost like if you constantly go around telling people the BBC are anti-British and the enemy within then stupid, impressionable people will start attacking people who work for it

Ditto BLM. It was reported today that a senior police officer said he would refuse to take the knee (not sure what would occasion this anyway) because he is not allowed to give support to political movements. :mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely if you are going to protest in such a manner then you have to direct your ire at those responsible for the cluster**** we are now in; our lying PM and his bunch of crooked chums.

Sir Astra Zeneca on R4 this morning said that hospitalisations from the Indian variant is about 200. 3 deaths yesterday "attributed" to covid.

Remind me why we are still having these restrictions? Couldn't be political could it? Couldn't be the PM delaying full release so the enquiry can be delayed so it isn't published until after the next election?

He has delayed Freedom Day by a month but has brought in new guidance - guidance that is not law. Basically you can do whatever you want right now - unless for example a store has a 'no mask, no entry' rule. If that happens then you could - put on a mask! Or you could hurl a bin though the window in order to show your support for freedom.

The numbers are rising and in 2 weeks the deaths will start to rise too. We have been there before. :shrug:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Oh jebus, your suggesting the delays are political ?
Come on, you honestly don't believe that surely....

There will be an enquiry, they will be found at fault for some issues, yes they probably could have done things differently, but however would be in power now, would be at fault for something, hindsight is a wonderful thing, it is a pandemic, there are no hard and fast rules.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
A lot of people are very angry at our media (especially the state funded BBC) for not challenging the Government.
Tempers are running hot. The Telegraph's top story today is about the distorted graphs in yesterdays slide show. They
are hardly anti-establishment but at least they are challenging the data and questioning the need for a further lockdown

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Digressing, there was an incredible call on LBC at just after 1 today, in fact a couple of calls.

The main one was from a hypocritcal woman, fuming about the treatment of the young ..... no nightclubbing, her undergraduate daughter cheated by shoddy remote learning. I get all that, I totally emphasise with that age group.

Fair enough.

Then the real reason for her call. She's strongly anti vax for all young people, because "she'd read up an awful lot about it on the internet". Pretty beligerent about it. 18 to 22 year olds will be treated as genome guinea pigs.

It was pointed out that a vax programme should help open up possibilities eg real Uni teaching. Wouldn't listen, the call was terminated as she was looking for an anti-vax row.

The next caller was a bloke who was against the current restrictions "Without them, there'd only be a few deaths here and there". He also played down the January 2021 death toll, as it was only on a par with the flu in a normal year.

LBC, you say? ??? Let me stop you there. You don't get that sort of old bollocks on radio 5, at least not when Nicky Campbell is on (he sometimes lets morons talk for comedy value, then takes the piss, totally whooshing the caller at the same time). Can't quite say the same about Mr Potatoehead Adrian Chiles, though. As you were. :wink:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ditto BLM. It was reported today that a senior police officer said he would refuse to take the knee (not sure what would occasion this anyway) because he is not allowed to give support to political movements. :mad:

i wonder if the said person a)votes b) goes to church c) gives to charity .

Do you know which police force they were from as it would be interesting to see if he was from one of those that openly support (ILLEGAL) fox hunting.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

Totally and completely wrong, ill-informed and staggeringly ignorant.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The Government is following scientific advice to get more of the population vaccinated. Your post is political and not based on any science.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Much as I'd be happy to agree with those suggesting that Boris has delayed Freedom Day for political gain, the idea is madness. If Boris didn't think he'd end up in a straitjacket he'd completely dismiss any concerns. He's obviously been told that deaths will be rising in a couple of weeks and if he goes ahead with Freedom Day in a background of rising deaths it would be grotesquely irresponsible.

I am a little baffled by these protesters, though. What do they hope to gain? Are they all Farrage supporters? They certainly aren't labour supporters, or tories. Who is organizing them and why?

I smell Russia. ???

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A lot of people are very angry at our media (especially the state funded BBC) for not challenging the Government.
Tempers are running hot. The Telegraph's top story today is about the distorted graphs in yesterdays slide show. They
are hardly anti-establishment but at least they are challenging the data and questioning the need for a further lockdown

I’ve just read that story. Basically they are complaining about the scales used. This despite everyone knowing the daily infection and death rates now and 3 months ago and therefore knowing we do not have the same scale of problem at the moment. The Government also has not made this claim and has made it quite clear that the final restrictions are being kept to allow more people to become vaccinated. The Telegraph article seems designed to feed conspiracy theories and seems to be working in some cases.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are hardly in a lockdown now are we? Shops are open, people can go out and have a drink if they so desperately want one or several. The sun is shining. These people need to grow up.

I’d say that depends on who’s shoes you walk in ..for some the current restrictions are a problem

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am a little baffled by these protesters, though. What do they hope to gain? Are they all Farrage supporters? They certainly aren't labour supporters, or tories. Who is organizing them and why?

I smell Russia. ???

The fella at the beginning of the clip with the can of drink looks like he’d walked straight off a Mad Max film set. He is obviously more comfortable with the sort of anarchist society shown in those post apocalyptic movies. Only a few teeth left to chew on his gammon too!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i wonder if the said person a)votes b) goes to church c) gives to charity .

Do you know which police force they were from as it would be interesting to see if he was from one of those that openly support (ILLEGAL) fox hunting.

I’m thinking he’s referring to the newly appointed head of Manchester constabulary or Lancashire…I’m only suggesting that as I read about that guy and knee bending yesterday

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
LBC, you say? ??? Let me stop you there. You don't get that sort of old bollocks on radio 5, at least not when Nicky Campbell is on (he sometimes lets morons talk for comedy value, then takes the piss, totally whooshing the caller at the same time). Can't quite say the same about Mr Potatoehead Adrian Chiles, though. As you were. :wink:

Love NC and his show, on its own it makes the licence fee great value :fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here