Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will our boy get a game for Spain tonight?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Continuing from yesterday’s thread about Ben White.

I feel this could be a recurring thread theme mostly ending in disappointment

I will be shocked if Sanchez gets the nod

White should get a chance at some stage for England, Veltman WILL have a part to play for the Netherlands

Trossard with Hazard back in the squad, highly unlikely to get better than a last few mins cameo

Love to be wrong but best case scenario is Veltman and White getting decent game time, but not Trossard or Sanchez

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Unfortunately no.

He was reportedly in line to play in the friendly last Friday, but due to the Covid situation Spain had to field all u21’s. Unfortunate, but still a great experience for him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think he was bound to get his debut in the friendly vs Lithuania but due to covid they had to play with their U21 team instead and Luis Enrique will probably go for a keeper with a few caps in the backpack.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Continuing from yesterday’s thread about Ben White.

I feel this could be a recurring thread theme mostly ending in disappointment

I will be shocked if Sanchez gets the nod

White should get a chance at some stage for England, Veltman WILL have a part to play for the Netherlands

Trossard with Hazard back in the squad, highly unlikely to get better than a last few mins cameo

Love to be wrong but best case scenario is Veltman and White getting decent game time, but not Trossard or Sanchez

Moder?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes for sure, just seemed odd you left him out when you have mentioned every other player at the tournement.

True but that’s because the thread is about whether players will get a game and I am under the impression that Moder is almost certainly going to play from the off, so this boy is likely to get a game. Point taken though

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A tournament too early IMHO. Come the next tournament would expect him to be playing for a far higher visibility club and seriously challenging for his country's numero uno slot

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
True but that’s because the thread is about whether players will get a game and I am under the impression that Moder is almost certainly going to play from the off, so this boy is likely to get a game. Point taken though
Or not.. :annoyed:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Everyone seems awfully keen to see our players. I'd quite like them fresh and uninjured for next season :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They're likely to return in better form if they have been playing over the summer.

Says who? Thanks to Covid they've been playing almost non stop for a year. And how many times does a player have a great summer tournament, get signed for a ridiculous fee and do absolutely nothing the next season?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A tournament too early IMHO. Come the next tournament would expect him to be playing for a far higher visibility club and seriously challenging for his country's numero uno slot

Yes . . . and no. A tournament too early most certainly, but let's not rush him and add more pressure. This has been his first season between the sticks in the Premier League, and prior to this he has had comparitively little experience of senior football,a couple of loan spells at lowly Football League clubs excepted.

A further season as our numero uno and he is still doing just as well? well the sky is the limit then. But for now De Gea is the man with the gloves, and with a wealth of international experience, so for me he is a shoe in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes . . . and no. A tournament too early most certainly, but let's not rush him and add more pressure. This has been his first season between the sticks in the Premier League, and prior to this he has had comparitively little experience of senior football,a couple of loan spells at lowly Football League clubs excepted.

A further season as our numero uno and he is still doing just as well? well the sky is the limit then. But for now De Gea is the man with the gloves, and with a wealth of international experience, so for me he is a shoe in.

Unai Simon is starting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here