Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It certainly seems to have boiled the right type off piss on here.
Obviously a few teething problems, but is a yes from me[emoji1303]

I think what you are actually seeing is people extracting the urine rather than boiling it. Folk merely pointing out that having declared itself 'unbiased' GBNews shows itself as a right wing mouthpiece.

I'm not remotely bothered by it. I just think it's silly.

Enjoy watching. All I would say is that, despite being 'left leaning', I would never want to watch a channel that merely affirms my political standing.

If you want to watch TV for 'gammons' that's up to you. I certainly wouldn't want to watch TV for 'snowflakes' however much I may be one.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Good to hear the population of right-on Brighton slagging this off after less than a day of broadcasting.

Interesting hear the feedback from the some of the Red Wall areas. Not saying i agree with everything they say but I think there is definitely a market for this.

It’s a good job we have a mini heatwave, it looks like there are dozens of mattresses needing to be dried all over Brighton.

Not sure about the air quality though, there must be a great stink with all that drying piss and mouth froth................phooey.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s a good job we have a mini heatwave, it looks like there are dozens of mattresses needing to be dried all over Brighton.

Not sure about the air quality though, there must be a great stink with all that drying piss and mouth froth................phooey.

Whist you're correct that [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] appears even more moist than usual I believe he's moved to Worthing.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is a shame Andrew Neil is involved with GB news because I would have absolutely loved to see him rip a launch like this to pieces for its amateurishness. It is fantastic. The people they want to will watch it and they will love it. I don’t like TOWIE either but the viewers are free to watch what they like.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It would be exactly the same if someone launched 'Leftie TV'. People on the other side of the fence would be racing onto Twatter and frothing about the 'woke, PC, box-ticking, BAME-loving, libtard-heavy, virtue signalling' content. Probably at the same time as bemoaning the rise of 'cancel culture' and 'the final nail of the coffin of OUR GREAT NATION' :shrug:

Don’t they already say all that about the BBC?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What was the name of the BBC comedy programme with Angus Deayton in, that ripped the piss out of the early days of Sky?

Is GB News any better than that was?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I watched some of it last night and like the intent and a lot of what they were saying. But there are clearly massive issues with production, picture quality and sets. Thought some of that might have been resolved this morning but no it still had a very amateur feel to it. Low budget or just too many new people. Seems odd that this basic stuff was not resolved before going live.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I watched some of it last night and like the intent and a lot of what they were saying. But there are clearly massive issues with production, picture quality and sets. Thought some of that might have been resolved this morning but no it still had a very amateur feel to it. Low budget or just too many new people. Seems odd that this basic stuff was not resolved before going live.

People who do Youtube broadcasts have better setups than this, and (I assume) with a fraction of the budget.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Terrible production values, looks like a low budget local station.

It isn't that difficult, all the kit is off the shelf these days, you employ the right people and away you go

Unless it's all being done on the cheap with straight out of college media production students.

I'm going to have to turn it off now, there is a persistent buzzing and the current guest sounds like they are in a cave.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
As part of my final project for my degree, I ran a 24 hour news channel for a week.

Exhausting work, but our studio and graphics looked far, far better than GBNews. It looks embarrassingly amateur.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I watched various snippets online earlier including Andrew Neil's intro. An amateur car crash with awful sound, lighting and production. In one clip there was even a clear view of the autocue rolling. Listening to Andrew Neil pontificating about the London elite and wanting to reach out to the forgotten towns was ironic from a man living in Antibes who's new venture is based in London, plus is regularly photographed in society circles. It's clear given the nature of the presenters who their target audience is. It didn't take Wooton long to start spouting factless Covid conspiracy. Its going to be a very niche audience. If they take the path of a faux Fox News, going way OTT with twisted facts and outright lies, they're bound to lose advertising revenue along the way from big advertisers concerned their brand image is being tarnished by GB News - an ironic name given all the initial funding has come from various US hedge funds.

It's notable Murdoch decided to pull the plug on his similar venture several weeks ago as he didn't see it as viable. It would be no surprise if Gammon Vision does an El Dorado and isn't here this time next year, given their limited target audience and questionable product.

D

Deleted member 2719

Colin Brazier and Mercy Muroki are doing an okay job impersonating Richard and Judy. Dan Wootton is a wanker. Tom Harwood likewise. As is Alex Phillips (Cambridge Analytica's Alex Phillips, not our Alex Phillips).

View attachment 137645

I doubt I'm going to be glued to it.

What wrong with Tom Harwood???

He always comes across with a valid point from what I have seen of him.

The only thing I could pick him up on, Is I think he may have stolen my identity, but, que sera sera.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here