Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kirsty Gallagher you say...

...Tell me more.

According to my very dull and liberal twitter feed there's more hate watching than actually watching.
Then publicizing it more by telling all us other yogurt sandal wearers what we're missing.

Here's a thought, maybe, just maybe, if it's not your thing stay away and leave it be.
I doubt I'll even watch 1 second of Culture Wars TV.

Life is really too short to get immersed in that nonsense.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Haven't watched any of it yet but from what I've read, including this thread, it's sounding surprisingly amateurish. Anyway, I assume they are going to create very shareable across social media, rage inducing content at some point to boost their brand.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll just give my ears a rub - I could have sworn I was in an echo chamber for a moment ........................

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Am I watching, you ask?

Let me see.
Does footballers taking the knee bother me? ....Not at all.
Do I hate Harry and Meghan? ...Not really, No
Do I Rabidly hate cyclists and object to more cycle lanes being installed?... Hmmm, No.
Do Immigrants make my blood boil?...No
Do I deny Covid... Nope.
Am I a Woke Snowflake? ... Yes, a bit.

Nah, It's not for me thanks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I haven't tuned in yet... but I am finding it amusing on NSC and Twitter to see how nearly all of the comments are from the triggered #leftwaffe. It is a phenomenally difficult thing to establish a new news network... all this attention is probably helping rather than hindering. If they stopped watching and commenting, it might just die a natural death?

It would be exactly the same if someone launched 'Leftie TV'. People on the other side of the fence would be racing onto Twatter and frothing about the 'woke, PC, box-ticking, BAME-loving, libtard-heavy, virtue signalling' content. Probably at the same time as bemoaning the rise of 'cancel culture' and 'the final nail of the coffin of OUR GREAT NATION' :shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A news channel seems an increasingly archaic way to consume news and opinion and in a market that is already crowded and established I am not sure this will have any legs. It’s a bit like launching a new range of roadmaps in a world full of sat navs

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I was under the impression that high lighting individual posters is forbidden… obviously not [emoji849]

Why would there be a feature that was forbidden? Starting threads about other users is not the done thing but nowt wrong with a mention. I thought you'd be happy to be recognised as a noted member of the woke-resistance :)

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I haven't tuned in yet... but I am finding it amusing on NSC and Twitter to see how nearly all of the comments are from the triggered #leftwaffe. It is a phenomenally difficult thing to establish a new news network... all this attention is probably helping rather than hindering. If they stopped watching and commenting, it might just die a natural death?

Leftwaffe. Snigger,
what is this, Talkradio 2018?
You'll be calling people Remoaners next.:)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Good to hear the population of right-on Brighton slagging this off after less than a day of broadcasting.

Interesting hear the feedback from the some of the Red Wall areas. Not saying i agree with everything they say but I think there is definitely a market for this.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Unless I'm mistaken, they've just spent 15 minutes interviewing a man on his fishing boat about the migrant crisis, then asked for a tour of his boat using his phone, before asking him to go out on deck to scan the horizon for migrant crossing boats, again using his phone. If I had not seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.

Which one was it?

nIGEL pARTRIDGE.jpg

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I just tried it while I ate a sandwich but the echo on the line meant I couldn’t hear the chap on the link very well, despite hearing it twice.

I am not sure I get the point of it if it doesn’t have regular news.

i thought it was going to be a more of a Euronews type channel where you get rolling bulletins. Quite like that format for a quick catchup but dont see the point if they are basically going to be a poor imitation of sky or bbc news

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I was under the impression that high lighting individual posters is forbidden… obviously not [emoji849]

[MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here