Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t mind it, an improvement on the last series for sure but we are way past the glory days of Mid Morning Matters.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yep. I can't tell you how glad I am that Andrew Neill has taken the country's temperature and decided that what we all need is more right wing news.

Yeah, pretty much. It's a sad state of affairs. Personally I'd like to see it crash and burn. And then have the smoking remains cooled and cast into a volcano.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“ While advertising will bring in some money, the ultimate focus will be on convincing a relatively small group of hardcore fans to pay to subscribe to an app that lets them watch programmes and communicate with show hosts.”

It will be quite amusing watching their elderly demographic grappling with the concept of an app.

“Hello Josh, it’s your grandma here, what’s an app?” - on a landline of course.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Unless I'm mistaken, they've just spent 15 minutes interviewing a man on his fishing boat about the migrant crisis, then asked for a tour of his boat using his phone, before asking him to go out on deck to scan the horizon for migrant crossing boats, again using his phone. If I had not seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Andrew Neil fired off one of his little speeches about how the GammonBaitTV would not be about ‘fake news’ or conspiracy theories. Cue analysis piece about how lockdowns don’t work.

As expected.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Kirsty Gallagher you say...

...Tell me more.

According to my very dull and liberal twitter feed there's more hate watching than actually watching.
Then publicizing it more by telling all us other yogurt sandal wearers what we're missing.

Here's a thought, maybe, just maybe, if it's not your thing stay away and leave it be.

I said similar when it was announced and I'm much the same now. Zero interest in watching it, but good luck to them and I hope they get out of it everything they set out to achieve. There's obviously an audience for it, but it remains to be seen if that audience is as big and engaged enough to keep it going...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Andrew Neil fired off one of his little speeches about how the GammonBaitTV would not be about ‘fake news’ or conspiracy theories. Cue analysis piece about how lockdowns don’t work.

As expected.

I REALLY tried to watch that monologue when I saw it on Twatter, but it was SO dull. Not sure if it was the bland content or his voice, but I couldn't make it to the end without skipping big chunks of it!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm obviously not going to watch a minute of this but to start a new non-entertainment/sports TV channel in a time where fewer and fewer people watch TV (its literally a dying audience) its hard to imagine something like this lasting for more than a few years (or less, depending on how much money the owners are prepared to lose).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Unless I'm mistaken, they've just spent 15 minutes interviewing a man on his fishing boat about the migrant crisis, then asked for a tour of his boat using his phone, before asking him to go out on deck to scan the horizon for migrant crossing boats, again using his phone. If I had not seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.

Was that in the Solent?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm obviously not going to watch a minute of this but to start a new non-entertainment/sports TV channel in a time where fewer and fewer people watch TV (its literally a dying audience) its hard to imagine something like this lasting for more than a few years (or less, depending on how much money the owners are prepared to lose).

Hopefully the kind of people that watch flag waving fascist propaganda will die that little bit faster.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Seems a terrible time to start a news channel:

- Pubs just reopened
- Sunny weather
- First major international football tournament for 3 years just kicked off

Sod the beer garden and watching footy, I’ll put on some poorly produced studio-based news program instead.

Or the perfect time, iron out all the glitches then all for pure diarrhea come the autumn.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Hopefully the kind of people that watch flag waving fascist propaganda will die that little bit faster.

That’s a bit harsh..
6bcd47ac6e441d64e8d9ee7b97bb850b.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hope that those who were looking forward to it are enjoying it. Though I imagine it’s bit like asking for a Scalextric for Christmas and getting an “Electric Racing Cars” set from the market instead:)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I haven't tuned in yet... but I am finding it amusing on NSC and Twitter to see how nearly all of the comments are from the triggered #leftwaffe. It is a phenomenally difficult thing to establish a new news network... all this attention is probably helping rather than hindering. If they stopped watching and commenting, it might just die a natural death?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It’s a channel for the flat earth Brexit loving Trump supporting little Britain flag waving right wing self serving people of this country of which there are a lot

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I haven't tuned in yet... but I am finding it amusing on NSC and Twitter to see how nearly all of the comments are from the triggered #leftwaffe. It is a phenomenally difficult thing to establish a new news network... all this attention is probably helping rather than hindering. If they stopped watching and commenting, it might just die a natural death?

There’s likely an element of truth in what you write, but let us have our fun, we’ll get bored soon enough :)

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
A news channel for mouth breathers is about all it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here