Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mike Graham is a dildo, used to find him OK when he had his overnight shows on talkSPORT and I was working nights, maybe I was just tired

Ian Collins is an interesting one, I don't think he actually believes what he's saying... he's good mates with Danny Wallace/Dave Gorman who have complete opposite views than him.

The more unhinged stuff on covid got attention on there because the normal news channels (I hate the term main stream media) had been doing the complete opposite of only having the pro lockdown/shut the schools/Vaccine mandates etc views.

If the BBC etc had been more balanced then those channels wouldn't have had as much attention.

Good point, until the anti mask and rules tirade, I really liked him. Possibly having to tow the Talk Radio line?

I also agree about Sky News (hypocritical lockdown party goer Beth Merchant Of Doom Rigby :wanker: ) and the BBC at times, they spent two years from April 2020 almost reveling about party politics from the pandemic, over giving a sh1t about the clearly burgeoning mental health epidemic.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Okay, they appear to have very diverse presenters, so not sure that would fit as right wing. How do you view right wing?
You say diverse presenters, so which ones were representative of left wing views? Or, are you just saying they had right wing leaning white presenters and right wing leaning ethnic presenters?

As for attacking the Tories, I'm going to guess they are attacking them as they are further to the right of the Tories rather than from a position closer to the centre.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
You say diverse presenters, so which ones were representative of left wing views? Or, are you just saying they had right wing leaning white presenters and right wing leaning ethnic presenters?

As for attacking the Tories, I'm going to guess they are attacking them as they are further to the right of the Tories rather than from a position closer to the centre.
I just felt the diversity of white, ethnic, gay, straight, young and old are all there. I don't watch anymore than the early morning slot. I just enjoyed the way they were getting stuck into those Tories. Not sure that some on here would have seen that, I clearly wouldn't watch it if I thought that Holmes and Diamond were Tory MPs.
Anyway not much longer now for labour to get in and turn this country back into a country fit for working people. The Tories are just about dead and buried forever after what they have done.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I just felt the diversity of white, ethnic, gay, straight, young and old are all there. I don't watch anymore than the early morning slot. I just enjoyed the way they were getting stuck into those Tories. Not sure that some on here would have seen that, I clearly wouldn't watch it if I thought that Holmes and Diamond were Tory MPs.
Anyway not much longer now for labour to get in and turn this country back into a country fit for working people. The Tories are just about dead and buried forever after what they have done.
I think we’ll be sadly disappointed there. From what I can see, they’re severely managing expectations on the economic front. Yes, the Tories are buried but probably not dead. Politics is cyclical. It’s hard to believe but it was only just a bit over 2 years ago that Labour were behind in the polls. These things change quickly.

My prediction is that Starmer will be elected but that it won’t be much like Blair (who I actually liked, and still do really) and Labour 1997. Gordon Brown made some errors but in the main he was an innovative and courageous Chancellor. And Blair implemented some genuinely radical changes that were discussed openly for about 2 years prior to 97. I listen in vain to hear anything, anything at all, from Starmer and Reeves to give me any hope that they’ll be much different from the present administration. Their only selling point is that they are different faces and names. I’m yet to hear what they actually believe in.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Reluctantly we have to accept the Wild West of the internet. Bannon, Putin, China have a field day with an orchestrated avalanche of lies, assimilated by suckers.

But being on TV proper still gives an unprecedented legitimacy I feel. I’ll use the pandemic/lockdowns as an example, where I think our views closely aligned. TalkTV especially Mike Graham and Ian Collins had daily ‘experts’ who were Doubting Thomas’s, there was a barrister who was against any form of enforcement of face masks indoors, he claimed it unenforceable and was clearly personally dead against them or any laws to protect anyone. Mike Graham reveled in it. To me that wasn’t ‘balance’, it was anti science hearsay.
The internet is unregulated, its hard to control but we have to accept it for what it is. To me the role of Ofcom has never been more important in the UK to ensure we have rules on impartiality and false information.

In 1987 Reegan revoked the Fairness Doctrin, this paved the way for Fox News which drove broadcast media towards partisan positions. Now the gene is well and truly out of the bottle, Fox tried to put Trump back in the bottle but it was too late without thr Maga crowd they were screwed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think we’ll be sadly disappointed there. From what I can see, they’re severely managing expectations on the economic front. Yes, the Tories are buried but probably not dead. Politics is cyclical. It’s hard to believe but it was only just a bit over 2 years ago that Labour were behind in the polls. These things change quickly.

My prediction is that Starmer will be elected but that it won’t be much like Blair (who I actually liked, and still do really) and Labour 1997. Gordon Brown made some errors but in the main he was an innovative and courageous Chancellor. And Blair implemented some genuinely radical changes that were discussed openly for about 2 years prior to 97. I listen in vain to hear anything, anything at all, from Starmer and Reeves to give me any hope that they’ll be much different from the present administration. Their only selling point is that they are different faces and names. I’m yet to hear what they actually believe in.
Very good points. My take is Starmer is saying nothing so that nothing can be weaponized by the incumbent shower. My hope is there is something hidden under the hat. My fear is there is just a cube of fruit and nut and a crumpled concessionary bus pass.

Time will tell :thumbsup:

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Every clip I see posted on YouTube is some white arrogant prick, repeating a bit of bullshit, based on no evidence, then being really angry about it. Unfortunately it is the Tories only plan for the next 5 years, so I better get used to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here