Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mindless vandalism of a defibrillator at Buxted FC

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I sincerely hope you were joking.

What the pair did was obviously truly awful, and l hope their crime will be adequately dealt with, but to say hang them is truly ridiculous.

Yeah, I kind of thought that was obvious! Shame we can’t put em in stocks though and throw rotten fruit at them. I imagine their parents won’t be best pleased [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Youth offenders don't get sent to jail for five years and the posters saying this, are just expressing their disgust in a certain way. There are youth custody centres but they are usually reserved for repeat offenders or indicatable crimes.

They will probably get Community Service, and a course to teach them responsibility. Hopefully that will educate them, but it depends on their family as well.

My personal view is that I would like humiliation to come back, such as rotten tomatoes in the stocks, or putting the pieces of the broken defrib around their necks and make them walk around the pitch at the next home game. They won't be 'heroes' to their mates or whoever they were planning to show the footage off the phone too.

I think modern psychology (modern in this context is something from the 50s onwards...) hopefully rules out any chance of public humiliation returning as a penalty in a modern country (or in England..).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is my club - they also smashed glass everywhere which we had to clear up as we were watching the game up there. Funny to go viral - any publicity and all that :lol:

It was the end of season fun day on Saturday and these 2 were sat out on a bench when the club was locked up - thankfully they’ve been caught but it really is shocking. And the fact they didn’t realise they were on CCTV makes it even funnier! They also tried to break into the club too.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It won't happen but I'd like a significant 'shame and embarrassment' factor for crimes like this too...............they'd be far more worried about that being all over social media now than having to paint a few fences or clear up park litter.

Yeah lets turn them suicidal or filled with feelings of revenge. That'll help society.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The timing can't be a coincidence. Are they Arsenal "fans" horrified that one saved a former Spurs player? If that is the case then Broadmoor could genuinely be the best option as that is psychotic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The timing can't be a coincidence. Are they Arsenal "fans" horrified that one saved a former Spurs player? If that is the case then Broadmoor could genuinely be the best option as that is psychotic.

Lots of discussion on this. I think it’s pure coincidence personally but you never know…! How’s your luck though - basically got huge publicity because of the timing of Erikson.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Youth offenders don't get sent to jail for five years and the posters saying this, are just expressing their disgust in a certain way. There are youth custody centres but they are usually reserved for repeat offenders or indicatable crimes.

They will probably get Community Service, and a course to teach them responsibility. Hopefully that will educate them, but it depends on their family as well.

My personal view is that I would like humiliation to come back, such as rotten tomatoes in the stocks, or putting the pieces of the broken defrib around their necks and make them walk around the pitch at the next home game. They won't be 'heroes' to their mates or whoever they were planning to show the footage off the phone too.
At the risk of infuriating the more politically correct, I agree that a bit of humiliation wouldn't be a bad thing. Not the stocks, obviously, but something that would severely embarrass them. However, as the scumbag is apparently only seventeen, so presumably as a minor his identity will be withheld. Shame.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Do they still offer such hapless souls holidays or suchlike in order that they might find a true path in life like they used to? Gotta help in this case, to cheer them up like.

No idea but it doesnt sound like a bad idea.

Not what I'd expect in a country where teachers could legally beat children in school until the late 90s though - a mentality that seems well and alive from reading this thread.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Sadly these types of people can’t explain why they did it. If a bike or push chair had been there they would’ve kicked it until something broke and then chucked it in the bushes. If it has been a car parked there they would’ve keyed it, kicked a door or jumped on the roof. Thankfully an innocent passerby didn’t walk by.

These people are just angry and jealous and haven’t the intellect to think through their actions. A sad home life and upbringing perhaps.

Community service in the village, strictly enforced, might make them think

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is my club - they also smashed glass everywhere which we had to clear up as we were watching the game up there. Funny to go viral - any publicity and all that :lol:

It was the end of season fun day on Saturday and these 2 were sat out on a bench when the club was locked up - thankfully they’ve been caught but it really is shocking. And the fact they didn’t realise they were on CCTV makes it even funnier! They also tried to break into the club too.

I went to primary school in Buxted and spent many happy hours as an 8-9 year old up in the village, watching the Buxted FC first team on a Saturday afternoon (assuming it is still in the same place?). I used to stand behind the goal nearest the track that leads up to the road, fetching the ball back from the nettled hedgerow when it went over the bar or past the post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't think CCTV helps in this case:-

The fookin melts were filming themselves commit a crime - For an old man like me that's just mind blowing.

"Sarge we'll never catch these scrotes, the CCTV was out".
"Check The Facebook constable"
"Got'em"
"Where are they now"
"I don't know"
"Check The Instagram"
"They're currently throwing stones at passing cars down the High Street".

Being a copper is a piece of piss (It's not - I'm joking)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep. Lengthy community service would be my choice for anyone doing something like this......................

Probably mine too, but they also need some kind of counselling after they have served their sentences, some form of teaching, to help them learn that what they did was truly abhorrent.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sadly these types of people can’t explain why they did it. If a bike or push chair had been there they would’ve kicked it until something broke and then chucked it in the bushes. If it has been a car parked there they would’ve keyed it, kicked a door or jumped on the roof. Thankfully an innocent passerby didn’t walk by.

These people are just angry and jealous and haven’t the intellect to think through their actions. A sad home life and upbringing perhaps.

Community service in the village, strictly enforced, might make them think

A sensible post.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some context is required, when I was 16 I was going to away games with my mates, I’ve seen it all train windows smashed, fire extinguishers let of on trains ( what if there was an actual fire) mindless vandalism a regular occurrence by Albion fans older than us at the time. I’m guessing some of them post on here some maybe even calling for blood on this thread. The point the majority have all done irresponsible things as young men, let’s not forget that before we call for over the top punishment.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep. Lengthy community service would be my choice for anyone doing something like this......................

Give them 1,000 hours as unpaid HCAs on covid wards and/or A&E. Give them a sense of just how important that equipment is and how it can save people's lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here