Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teddy Jenks

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Any more info on Jenks and what we can expect ? regards the move . lots of players over the years have benefited coming here on loan.

Just ask James Maddison . plenty decent sides up here and plenty good players. so my opinion it will be better for him than say a championship team.

watched lot there games and not been impressed. . as for our forums we dont have any decent ones now. all taking over by mutants .so no point posting.

I will keep you updated with Teddy and let you know how he gets on . our first game is in europe in july 22nd. i think . anyway stand free as we say up here.
The fact that he's on a straight loan, not a loan to buy, indicates that our development team thinks he's potentially PL level - if they didn't you'd probably get a loan to buy deal.

We'll follow his season up there with interest, as we do with all our loanees. He'll have to be a bit special to get into our first team midfield mind - we've got several young players queuing up to take Bissouma's place if he leaves for big money in the summer - and they're all full senior internationals already!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Jenks heading for Europe then. He'll be playing in the Europa (Conference) League next season . Aberdeen start in the 2nd qualifying round as do our friends Hibs. Spurs are in there too in the "play off round" whatever that is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any more info on Jenks and what we can expect ? regards the move . lots of players over the years have benefited coming here on loan.

Just ask James Maddison . plenty decent sides up here and plenty good players. so my opinion it will be better for him than say a championship team.

watched lot there games and not been impressed. . as for our forums we dont have any decent ones now. all taking over by mutants .so no point posting.

I will keep you updated with Teddy and let you know how he gets on . our first game is in europe in july 22nd. i think . anyway stand free as we say up here.

Before we decide if you're allowed to stay you need to answer the qualifying question:-

'How many empty pizza boxes can you see right now?'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The fact that he's on a straight loan, not a loan to buy, indicates that our development team thinks he's potentially PL level - if they didn't you'd probably get a loan to buy deal.

I'd say it is very unusual for us to loan out any young players, with a formal 'loan to buy' agreement.

A couple of senior pros that we wanted off the books, but the 'buying' club didn't want to pay upfront (Knockaert, Norwood), but U23s? Can't recall many (any?)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd say it is very unusual for us to loan out any young players, with a formal 'loan to buy' agreement.

A couple of senior pros that we wanted off the books, but the 'buying' club didn't want to pay upfront (Knockaert, Norwood), but U23s? Can't recall many (any?)

I can't think of names off hand, but I'm sure some of out youngsters have gone out on loan, and stayed there so guessing there would be at least some compensation involved. I was thinking of the likes of our ex youngsters now at Crawley - they went out on loan and didn't come back - but the loans were not to Crawley - they arrived there by a different route.

Gyokeres - and possibly Clarke - might stay where they are currently on loan, but not through a loan to buy clause. So I'm probably wrong then ................

Hey ho :shrug:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I can't think of names off hand, but I'm sure some of out youngsters have gone out on loan, and stayed there so guessing there would be at least some compensation involved. I was thinking of the likes of our ex youngsters now at Crawley - they went out on loan and didn't come back - but the loans were not to Crawley - they arrived there by a different route.

Gyokeres - and possibly Clarke - might stay where they are currently on loan, but not through a loan to buy clause. So I'm probably wrong then ................

Hey ho :shrug:

If Clarke were to go out on loan again rather than joining the squad next season, I'd hope it wouldn't be Derby. As a club they are a mess, reduced to a pile of rubble. I guess Clarke's future could depend on if we can hang on to Ben White or not. Assuming the club believe Clarke is ready for the step up if the latter. Hopefully White stays but the vultures are circling.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He is likely guaranteed more game time for Aberdeen and will get the chance to play some European teams. I think it's a good move.

How I see it:

If he does have a good season there will still be question marks as some will say well he only performed well in Scotland, How many players regularly make that step up from the SPL to the PL?

If he goes to a championship team and does well one we know the step up can be achieved and has been seen regularly two his value will rise and potential future returns of he doesn't make our first team could be gained from his loan. A player who can cut it at championship level is worth a lot more than someone who has only done it in Scotland.

Either way I hope he makes the most of his time and can help upset that top two, that would be great to see. would be fantastic to see another prospect off of the production line. Gone very quiet on the moaners front about whats the point in our youth set up.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
How I see it:

If he does have a good season there will still be question marks as some will say well he only performed well in Scotland, How many players regularly make that step up from the SPL to the PL?

If he goes to a championship team and does well one we know the step up can be achieved and has been seen regularly two his value will rise and potential future returns of he doesn't make our first team could be gained from his loan. A player who can cut it at championship level is worth a lot more than someone who has only done it in Scotland.

Either way I hope he makes the most of his time and can help upset that top two, that would be great to see. would be fantastic to see another prospect off of the production line. Gone very quiet on the moaners front about whats the point in our youth set up.

Ben White went from L2 to L1 to Championship.

Maybe the plan is to have Jenks go to Scotland this year and then the Championship next year.

Plus, there are a lot of players that do well in the Championship but cannot make the step up to the Prem so we don't 'know' that the step up can be achieved.

I trust the club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How I see it:

He just turned 19 a few months ago, there is no rush. Its his first loan deal and playing vs grown-ups is more important than the level.

Championship is a very good league where he would compete with very good players about getting time on the pitch. The SPL is shite and he will be competing with shite players for game time. I think its a mature decision to go to Aberdeen rather than risk ending up like one of those Championship loans that cant get more than a few minutes here and there.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
He just turned 19 a few months ago, there is no rush. Its his first loan deal and playing vs grown-ups is more important than the level.

Championship is a very good league where he would compete with very good players about getting time on the pitch. The SPL is shite and he will be competing with shite players for game time. I think its a mature decision to go to Aberdeen rather than risk ending up like one of those Championship loans that cant get more than a few minutes here and there.
Yep. Ben White went to Newport in League 2 when he was the same age, and it's turned out alright for him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yeah at this point, given our track record, I think we can trust the club with managing the kid’s development.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I always think that people don't fully understand the value of a loan. It's about playing matches, sure - but it's also about growing up as a person as well as a player. It's presumably quite an easy life playing in the u23s at your hometown club. Little expectation, comfortable lifestyle. But a loan spell away means moving home, meeting new people and having a wholly different level of expectation put on your shoulders. He's going to develop as a man just as much, if not more so, than he'll develop as a player. Whether it goes well or it goes badly, we get a player back who has gained invaluable experience and will also greatly appreciate the set up we have here. Maybe seeing the infrastructure at another club will be an eye opener for him, in a positive way.

I think Aberdeen is a big club playing at the top level in Scottish football. It would be an excellent loan destination for Jenks, who I think looks an excellent footballer for his age and has all the potential in the world. And he's called Teddy - what a wonderful name and it's time for a top class Teddy again.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
One of the Aberdeen coaches used to be part of the England set-up under Ashworth so there may have been some favours done there. Certainly the club wouldn't sanction a loan deal if they didn't think it was in the players best interests and I'm sure the connection with Ashworth has helped here.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Ales Mateju, George Cox.

Warren O'Hora, of course, joined MK Dons on loan and then transferred permanently, but I have no idea if the permanent transfer was part of the original loan agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here