Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teddy Jenks

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Grade up from Hibs - exciting move for young Jenks. Will have to watch the SPL as well as the English leagues next season, especially if Hibs take one or two of our youngsters too (and Jahanbakhsh and that German DJ fellow if they can pay their wages!)

Edit: ... and Duffy (though I doubt if he ever wants to cross Hadrian's Wall ever again!)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Good move and proof people have overegged our relationship with hibs. They simply won't become some kind of kindergarten for us. Players will be given the best loan move possible.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Good move for Jenks, it was obvious towards the end of the season that he was far too good for U-23 football - I believe he finished the season as our top scorer. A year in Scotland getting booted up in the air every week and a few Thursday night European games in the Conference league will do him good.

Went to check out their forum to see what they think of the deal. F*cking hell, the amount of homophobic ‘banter’ on there is a throwback. I know Aberdeen is pretty isolated geographically but I didn’t realise about 30 years of civilisation had passed them by. Then again, a load of them seem to think they’ll get Jenks on a loan-to-buy deal so maybe they’ve just sat around sniffing glue all weekend and that’s the outcome.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good move for Jenks, it was obvious towards the end of the season that he was far too good for U-23 football - I believe he finished the season as our top scorer. A year in Scotland getting booted up in the air every week and a few Thursday night European games in the Conference league will do him good.

Went to check out their forum to see what they think of the deal. F*cking hell, the amount of homophobic ‘banter’ on there is a throwback. I know Aberdeen is pretty isolated geographically but I didn’t realise about 30 years of civilisation had passed them by. Then again, a load of them seem to think they’ll get Jenks on a loan-to-buy deal so maybe they’ve just sat around sniffing glue all weekend and that’s the outcome.

:lolol: :bowdown:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Surprised they can leave their four legged woolen friends alone for long enough to have homophobic views to be honest.

In all seriousness though, good move for Jenks, Aberdeen appear to be moving in the right direction and will give him a taste of European football. Nice area to live too :thumbsup:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Daily record confirm there is no clause to buy Jenks in the loan deal.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...ws/teddy-jenks-set-aberdeen-transfer-24311498

reds

May 30, 2010
Any more info on Jenks and what we can expect ? regards the move . lots of players over the years have benefited coming here on loan.

Just ask James Maddison . plenty decent sides up here and plenty good players. so my opinion it will be better for him than say a championship team.

watched lot there games and not been impressed. . as for our forums we dont have any decent ones now. all taking over by mutants .so no point posting.

I will keep you updated with Teddy and let you know how he gets on . our first game is in europe in july 22nd. i think . anyway stand free as we say up here.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Terrible move for Jenks, offers from the championship and he's gone to play up there.

I sense there is a change in sentiment in the Championship and that there is not a lot of love or cash for taking players from the Premier League to develop them. Game time with Aberdeen, would be more valuable than bench warming in the Championship, if that is the likely alternative.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I sense there is a change in sentiment in the Championship and that there is not a lot of love or cash for taking players from the Premier League to develop them. Game time with Aberdeen, would be more valuable than bench warming in the Championship, if that is the likely alternative.

An odd point to make when the first line of the quoted article is:-

The 19-year-old had several other offers, including in the English Championship

As for those instantly dismissing the Hibs 'connection', you do realise Hibs does already have professional footballers, they aren't starting from scratch, they don't need every position filled by an Albion good player.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Any more info on Jenks and what we can expect ? regards the move . lots of players over the years have benefited coming here on loan.

Just ask James Maddison . plenty decent sides up here and plenty good players. so my opinion it will be better for him than say a championship team.

watched lot there games and not been impressed. . as for our forums we dont have any decent ones now. all taking over by mutants .so no point posting.

I will keep you updated with Teddy and let you know how he gets on . our first game is in europe in july 22nd. i think . anyway stand free as we say up here.

Good player, but needs the test of a higher level which playing for Aberdeen will give him. Whenever I’ve seen him he reminds me of a young Teddy Sheringham. Skilful, tall, knows where the net is but lacking in pace. Would be interested in your reports back. Thanks

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Well he’s highly thought of but still very raw. Teddy is a box to box midfielder, captained our u23s, technical player with an eye for a goal. He was one of the young players we debuted against Villa in the cup. He wants and needs first team football.

I’m sure I speak for NSC in saying please keep us informed as to his progress up there.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Scottish people not known for their liberal or progressive attitude . If your not Scottish basically they don’t like you !

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thanks - look forward to the updates...............we're very careful loaning out our top youngsters (and Jenks is 'top top') , this should work out well for everyone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here