Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Frankie De Jong

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I had no idea that the timeframe for opinions was only allowed to be based on today’s fixtures.

In that case, Harry Kane is a poor man’s Chris Holroyd and Gavin Hoyte is a better right back than Kyle Walker.

Better?

Quite. Such is the patience of the modern day fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I watched this game with a friend and his boys yesterday, one of his boys (in their 20s) was calling him Ferdinand De Jong. No hint of irony - so I'm not sure whether he just didn't know his name, or thought he was right and everyone else was using a nickname. Not clear, but it started to grate on me after a while.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have you enjoyed Pedri tonight? Another outstanding, technically brilliant young player.

Barca might not be in a great place at the moment but with him and De Jong in their midfield, the future definitely looks bright!

Yes, I did see him (for the first time). He's only 18, and there's already plenty to get excited about there but, for me, he's far from the finished article, whereas De Jong looks like he's entered into a prolonged prime. Pedri showed brilliance on the ball in tight spaces. De Jong looks like he's got the lot: vision, technique, acceleration enabled him to carry the ball forward in midfield, etc

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have you enjoyed Pedri tonight? Another outstanding, technically brilliant young player.

Barca might not be in a great place at the moment but with him and De Jong in their midfield, the future definitely looks bright!

Yes, good call. Has had a cracking tournament, they way he connects with or caresses the ball stands out

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Really? They have to sell like 20 players in order to sign Messi with the new wage rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ll rewrite the rules which will miraculously enable the over spending European Super League Barcelona to carry on spending ridiculous amounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here