Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 Not allowed!
    Well, having ridden around the mountain circuit a few times now,once in a hi-top Renault Trafic (top-heavy and ponderous) once on a 450cc dirt bike (hmm,knobbly tyres don't make for much grip) and half a dozen laps on Mad Sunday on a 1250cc road bike The skill and concentration of all these riders beggars belief. I felt sick and almost fell off my office chair just watching those 2 clips. Nutters!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Live TV coverage from next year as well. I really have missed it for the past 2 years.

0 Not allowed!
      BOnkers. you need a screw loose to start with, then the real trick is knowing when to bow out, alive!
      Graham Potter & his all-passing, no-scoring performance art project.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It always amazes me when I see on-board TT footage that they maintain the speeds when going into the sun (or otherwise with a rain-splattered visor) But they love it, accept the risks and get on with it. Proper sportsmen and women
      Lording it in WSL
      Boy I'm HOT today !

0 Not allowed!
      These riders are absolutely mental............I nearly sh*t my pants just watching it !!!

0 Not allowed!
      Mad Sunday. Mad. Mountain road closed in 1 direction so you can do what you like in the other (race) direction back down to the Creg. Had a classic 650 BSA Rocket Gold Star at the time so going up the Mountain Mile was probably pulling just over 100 MPH which was pretty good for a 1962 Bike when some herbert went past my right elbow about 20 MPH quicker.

Followed by another herbert going past my left elbow pretty much in the dirt about 30 MPH qucker than me.

Shit & stones flying everywhere, neither backed off and by the 32nd Milestone they were well gone.

Back into Douglas pulled up, had a pint of Okells and reflected that Mad Sunday wasn't for me. 4 fans died that week, 3 on Mad Sunday.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Mad Sunday. Mad. Mountain road closed in 1 direction so you can do what you like in the other (race) direction back down to the Creg. Had a classic 650 BSA Rocket Gold Star at the time so going up the Mountain Mile was probably pulling just over 100 MPH which was pretty good for a 1962 Bike when some herbert went past my right elbow about 20 MPH quicker.

Followed by another herbert going past my left elbow pretty much in the dirt about 30 MPH qucker than me.

Shit & stones flying everywhere, neither backed off and by the 32nd Milestone they were well gone.

Back into Douglas pulled up, had a pint of Okells and reflected that Mad Sunday wasn't for me. 4 fans died that week, 3 on Mad Sunday.
      Yeah, I think one of the things they should definitely look at is either cancelling Mad Sunday altogether and/or curtailing it significantly.

I went to the IoM for the Classic TT a few years back. Rode the circuit at standard speed limits and even then some of it over the mountain was a bit hairy (although it won't have helped that I was due for new tyres as soon as I got home from that trip and most of the wear was motorway miles, so had a lovely ridge both front and rear that made the bike feel like it wanted to fall over [twice!] on corner entry). Personally think it's silly letting non-races go for it at speed, especially when a lot of them don't have any patience or respect for those on slower bikes (or simply wanting to ride the course more sensibly!).