Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2021: Who's got the best kit?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Couldn't care less about kits. Only thing is that I hate any away kit that is worn when there is no need because there is no colour clash. For instance, England play in white shirts and dark shorts; Scotland play in blue shirts and white shorts. Any variation on that when we play each other is just w@nk.

I do largely agree with the point about it being annoying when teams play in away kits when there's no clash. And with England I've got no time for the blue kit, but I do like it when England play in red. Although White shirts dark shorts are the traditional colours Red is our world cup winning colour.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Adidas kits look good. I like the plain kits with big crests, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium away too. plenty of simple but classy kits. some happy shopper ones though . . . .

Englands home kit is poor and shocking away.

Wales kits are better.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like teams are wearing matching shirts and shorts in this tournament?

I think Fifa introduced if for a World Cup, but I thought the idea had been dropped. Tsk!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The England home shirt (the proper one, not the stadium shirt) has really nice detailing. I saw it in the flesh the other day and it's really smart.

It's £100 though.

england-2020-vapor-match-home-football-shirt-nV36Cc.png

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Looks like teams are wearing matching shirts and shorts in this tournament?

I think Fifa introduced if for a World Cup, but I thought the idea had been dropped. Tsk!

Yes. I seem to remember this too. Apparently, they believed it made it easier for the television audience to distinguish between the sides :shrug:

Personally, not a fan of matching shirts and shorts one bit unless that is the team's traditional strip. Really not sure why this bothers me so much but I want to see Holland in white shorts and England in blue shorts etc. Quite why FIFA / UEFA waste their time ruling on things like this is a mystery to me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why were Italy wearing their away kit when Turkey play in red , much prefer their Azure blue home shirt

Teams need to use their away kits when they are the designated away team (even if they were actually playing at home) or the kit producers will get grumpy.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
The England home shirt (the proper one, not the stadium shirt) has really nice detailing. I saw it in the flesh the other day and it's really smart.

It's £100 though.

Despite being an ardent remainer and internationalist, it bugs me that the England team can't use a British kit manufacturer.

I'd go further and say that if a team represents a country, it should go the whole hog. No foreign coaches, kit men, analysts or fitness trainers. Boots might be a problem where players have contracts with foreign manufacturers, but ...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Despite being an ardent remainer and internationalist, it bugs me that the England team can't use a British kit manufacturer.

I'd go further and say that if a team represents a country, it should go the whole hog. No foreign coaches, kit men, analysts or fitness trainers. Boots might be a problem where players have contracts with foreign manufacturers, but ...

Like who?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

It's £100 though.

£100? :laugh: saw you coming. thats a £5 nylon teeshirt FFS.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

It's £100 though.

Not for me any shirt with the badge in the centre is just wrong. Im not over impressed with any on the efforts too many Nike/Puma templates for my liking Denmark probably my favourite.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Good to see both Poland (in their traditional home outfit) and Slovakia ignoring this stupid idea of one-colour kits.

Jul 7, 2003
I think you will find Umbro got brought out by Nike some years ago. Around the same time the England teams shirts were made by Umbro and moved over to Nike.

Taken over by Nike in 2007 and then sold again in 2012 to Iconix Brand Group

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here