Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2021: Who's got the best kit?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Yes. I seem to remember this too. Apparently, they believed it made it easier for the television audience to distinguish between the sides :shrug:

Personally, not a fan of matching shirts and shorts one bit unless that is the team's traditional strip. Really not sure why this bothers me so much but I want to see Holland in white shorts and England in blue shorts etc. Quite why FIFA / UEFA waste their time ruling on things like this is a mystery to me.

Bill Shankly famously initiated the all red strip for Liverpool in 1964. Prior to that they played in white shorts. He believed it had a psychological and visual impact by making them appear much taller.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
My top 3:
1. Italy away...total class, less is more
2. Italy home ... classic styling, if it aint broke etc etc
3. England away... as modelled superbly by our own Ben White, nice design, excellent colour contrasts, at last an Engeeerland shirt to covet

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
That Finland kit is very nice
Agree. I was watching France v GEmay last night and got thinking why don't more countries use their flag as the basis? E.g Germany with (ahem) black shirt, red shorts and yellow socks. France with the tricolour stripe, Netherlans with red shirt. white shorts, blue socks. North Macedonia's would be spectacular.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Agree. I was watching France v GEmay last night and got thinking why don't more countries use their flag as the basis? E.g Germany with (ahem) black shirt, red shorts and yellow socks. France with the tricolour stripe, Netherlans with red shirt. white shorts, blue socks. North Macedonia's would be spectacular.

I still lust after THIS shirt...:love: (although I fully appreciate the English flag contains no blue...but still).

keegan_1982.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here