Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holland vs Ukraine

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Finally my long-time favorites Holland enter the tournament.

As usual there's a bit of chaos and internal conflicts in the Dutch team. Wijnaldum, the captain, said "Strootman is a much better captain than me". Several players complained about Frank de Boers 5-3-2 formation calling it a "failed experiment" (yet that is how they play tonight), even Franks twin brother Ronald said Johan Cruyff would be turning in his grave if he saw the 5-3-2 formation.

On a brighter note, Memphis Depay is nowadays a really good player. A key moment in his turn-around from seemingly wasted talent to a world class player seem to be when legendary Dutch manager Co Adriaanse said:
"Memphis needs to focus more on football and less on dressing like a Peruvian pan flute player".

depay-peruvian-pan-flute-player.png

As for Ukraine I have no idea but they are probably better than most people think since Shakhtar and Dynamo Kiev are able to keep great players from leaving to show themselves in bigger leagues.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Veltman on the bench for the Netherlands tonight.

I'm torn on this one because I want Veltman to do well, but I have Ukraine in the NSC sweepstake.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Shame Veltman doesn't start, looking forsawrd to this, could well be game of the day.

Or could be crap!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I'm torn on this one because I want Veltman to do well, but I have Ukraine in the NSC sweepstake.

Well maybe you can have both. How about Denzel Dumfries being as shit as his name suggests with Holland losing and then bringing Veltman into the side and then winning the tournament. I'd be fine with that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well maybe you can have both. How about Denzel Dumfries being as shit as his name suggests with Holland losing and then bringing Veltman into the side and then winning the tournament. I'd be fine with that.

Come on. Denzel Dunfries is a fantastic name. The Dutch never fail to deliver, name wise. And aren't Everton after him?

JV must be a little gutted though, he's had a superb season in a harder league.

All that said I really need a 1-0 to the Dutch now - my prediction league has gone down the shitter today.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Finally my long-time favorites Holland enter the tournament.

As usual there's a bit of chaos and internal conflicts in the Dutch team. Wijnaldum, the captain, said "Strootman is a much better captain than me". Several players complained about Frank de Boers 5-3-2 formation calling it a "failed experiment" (yet that is how they play tonight), even Franks twin brother Ronald said Johan Cruyff would be turning in his grave if he saw the 5-3-2 formation.

On a brighter note, Memphis Depay is nowadays a really good player. A key moment in his turn-around from seemingly wasted talent to a world class player seem to be when legendary Dutch manager Co Adriaanse said:
"Memphis needs to focus more on football and less on dressing like a Peruvian pan flute player".

View attachment 137625

As for Ukraine I have no idea but they are probably better than most people think since Shakhtar and Dynamo Kiev are able to keep great players from leaving to show themselves in bigger leagues.

giphy.gif
Mmmmmmmm ???

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Velters trumps any sweepstake.

Anyway, I'd love the Dutch to really well with credit going to FDB. Any club not giving him time would look pretty stupid(er).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a bugger, Trossard, White and Veltman all on the subs bench :down:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Jurrien Timber, who plays in place of de Ligt tonight, is pretty strong name-wise as well.

Indeed.

I've had to correct my post though - it didn't quite mean what I wanted it to :lolol:

Anyway, one player named after a OFAH character AND a Scottish football team, another named after Elvis's hometown and, as we know, others actually named Elvis. And that's before we get onto Vennegoor of Hesselink

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Indeed.

I've had to correct my post though - it didn't quite mean what I wanted it to :lolol:

Anyway, one player named after a OFAH character AND a Scottish football team, another named after Elvis's hometown and, as we know, others actually named Elvis. And that's before we get onto Vennegoor of Hesselink

My favourite!

477D1FC9-40BD-43FF-A906-45AD86588F3D.jpeg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
ITV coverage well up to the usual standard, twice they've randomly cut to adverts during the anthems.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Palace best ever manager.

A man who provided a marvellous start to their season and should never have been sacked.

C’mon Holland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here