Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match day thread England vs Croatia

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always highly amusing when the in-stadium camera beams in on a colourfully-dressed group of fans who are sitting there quietly, texting and/or yawning. Til they realise they're live on the big screen. At which point they always come over all FERVENT. At which point the camera always moves on, leaves them hanging :lolol:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
All slowed down for us now. Need to keep it along the floor unless it’s going in behind and pick up the tempo.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Mason Mount is such a quality player, lovely to watch. Could be a star of this tournament.

Kane on the other hand is a bit of a problem for us. Constantly one or two seconds behind the other attackers. Sterling in fairness has done well so far.

That ball from Mount to Sterling was absolutely world class - the kind of ball you just don’t ‘see’ as an armchair fan. Both Mount and Foden have serious futures ahead of them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Kane is not exactly busting a gut is he. But like Glen Murray will take an opportunity when it comes.....usually.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Walker has been shocking so far.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But it’s not like this Wembley is 50+ years old. It’s a relatively new build.

You would have thought they could have engineered some kind of mitigating solution in this modern age, even if it’s some kind of roof material that lets a proportion of light through so the shadow isn’t quite so absolute. Or lights that can be directed at the dark pitch areas to compensate. Something. This is pretty ****ing shit to watch, to be honest.

V lucky here, found out I can adjust the contrast and brightness on my TV. I guess when building it, the position of the sun during 2pm kick-offs a week away from the longest day weren’t top of the list of concerns :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Always highly amusing when the in-stadium camera beams in on a colourfully-dressed group of fans who are sitting there quietly, texting and/or yawning. Til they realise they're live on the big screen. At which point they always come over all FERVENT. At which point the camera always moves on, leaves them hanging :lolol:

Bit like Songs of Praise. Once the camera is on they start singing with evangelical zeal.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That pace was always going to be difficult to keep up on a day like to day.
Playing into Croatia and Modrics hands a little.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here