Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will our man start

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It is weird not playing an actual LB when we have two fine ones in excellent form.

“Sorry Shaw, even tho you played in the Europa league final as a LB”.

“Sorry Chilwell, even though you’ve just won the Champions league”.

“I won’t play either of you. I will instead start a RB in your natural LB position.”

I will be proudly behind the boys 100% whoever plays, and Trippier is brilliant, but it is a bold and weird choice from Southgate, have to say. He’s going to get a lot of stick if we don’t get a result or Mings drops one.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
[tweet]1403989288396722177[/tweet]

If thats true then Croatia wont be able to believe their luck. A left side of our defence made up of Mings and a right back playing as left full back.

For me if we're playing a back 4, then it should be Walker, Stones, Maguire (Coady or White if Maguire not fit), and Chilwell.

To be honest, any one but Mings.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Even money ‘Karen’ is a remainiac .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another spot on post from the biggest cry baby on NSC, that has to block or pretend to block anyone that disagrees with the self-righteous bollocks he spouts. So spot on except I am a republican that would like to see the back of the Royal Family. Typical tosser that would side with those against his own country in a game of football because he still can't get out of bed since Brexit. :lolol:

It's funny how only the "non obsessed winners" keep mentioning it........

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It's funny how only the "non obsessed winners" keep mentioning it........

Eh?
I was under the impression I posted that in your ice cream thread?
Checking back..I did...you seem confused. On a more positive note,at least you’re not mentioning your friends raping my wife anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It is weird not playing an actual LB when we have two fine ones in excellent form.

“Sorry Shaw, even tho you played in the Europa league final as a LB”.

“Sorry Chilwell, even though you’ve just won the Champions league”.

“I won’t play either of you. I will instead start a RB in your natural LB position.”

I will be proudly behind the boys 100% whoever plays, and Trippier is brilliant, but it is a bold and weird choice from Southgate, have to say. He’s going to get a lot of stick if we don’t get a result or Mings drops one.

Works for GP :)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I get Mings starting. Don't like it, but I get it. But Trippier at LB is ****ing weird. Not that he will do badly, but he simply isn't better than Chilwell or Shaw there.

Anyway, suspect we'll flat track them and just about scrape through this one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Necessity being the mother of invention in that instance

To an extent. We had Bernardo available - GP just didn't want to use him. God knows what he'd have made of Bong.

That is, admittedly, very different to an England manager who picks two very descent left sided full backs in his squad and then plays a right back there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Potter doesn't buy or sell players"

Maybe not but he certainly ran the rule over him and said “Not for me Tony”

Those who deal with such things then moved him on

So we have a good idea of what GP thought of Bong!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe not but he certainly ran the rule over him and said “Not for me Tony”

Those who deal with such things then moved him on

So we have a good idea of what GP thought of Bong!

To be fair though he was always struggling when he was playing Premier League football for us under Chris Hughton. Competant Championship defender yes, but l think he has about found his level at Forest under his old mentor.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
To be fair though he was always struggling when he was playing Premier League football for us under Chris Hughton. Competant Championship defender yes, but l think he has about found his level at Forest under his old mentor.

At that time Biggidy Biggidy and Montoya were the weak links in the team That were the obvious position s to upgrade
If the club wished to progress

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here