Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will our man start

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

:shrug: What can I say? English people hoping a lot just to get their dreams destroyed is a nice football tradition. Its like the Dutch losing finals or the Germans winning in extra-time or Italy winning 1-0 without having the ball. Of course a lot of people outside England want you to fail, it is tradition and its also entertaining to see the outrage.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
:shrug: What can I say? English people hoping a lot just to get their dreams destroyed is a nice football tradition. Its like the Dutch losing finals or the Germans winning in extra-time or Italy winning 1-0 without having the ball. Of course a lot of people outside England want you to fail, it is tradition and its also entertaining to see the outrage.

Strange that you felt the need to post it on here. It shows what a small minded idiot you are. When Sweden play, win, lose or draw, nobody notices or cares. In fact if Sweden was wiped from the earth I'm pretty sure I wouldn't notice. Still, I suppose it helps you feel relevant.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He should but I doubt he will.

Odds on MIngs starting and making a complete hash of something and were lose.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Don’t think he’ll start. It’s the left side of the back 2/3 that’s the hole which needs filling. Putting white (a right footed player) in before Mings and Coady is an admission by Southgate that he’s used two squad places on centre backs he doesn’t trust. I think it will be Mings as soon as Macguire is half fit (then watch him get torn a new one by the first pacey forward he plays against).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Strange that you felt the need to post it on here. It shows what a small minded idiot you are. When Sweden play, win, lose or draw, nobody notices or cares. In fact if Sweden was wiped from the earth I'm pretty sure I wouldn't notice. Still, I suppose it helps you feel relevant.

I'm pretty sure if everyone and everything but your ******** was wiped from earth, you wouldnt notice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think he has a very decent chance of starting.

His favoured position is available.
I don't think anybody else has the time in that position, this season.
It's a don't lose game.

I'm a work today so did a 'Dan Burn Special' bet on BW's goal scoring prowess, last night.

Bad Fan Alert.
Placing that bet got me a fiver free bet and Croatia at 5/1 looked far to tempting, when it's not my money (just in case Mings starts)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

GB News starts today. Grab your Kleenex and chill.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Ease up W and S. It's just a game of footie.

Remember Erikson from yesterday......some things are more important..

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well he certainly has a decent chance I would say. Hasn’t put a foot wrong in the friendlies. By all reports has been quietly impressing the England coaches in training. And Ming’s form has been well documented.

The only problem as I’ve always seen it is that Stone and White are similar player types. At least from the outside looking in it would make sense to play a tougher CB like a Coady alongside Stones or White. And you’d expect Stones to win that.

Playing 3 at the back would suddenly open the door for all 3. Although Southgate may over complicate matters by playing Shaw as LCB or such.

Would be an incredible ascendency if Ben does start and a proud moment for our club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well he certainly has a decent chance I would say. Hasn’t put a foot wrong in the friendlies. By all reports has been quietly impressing the England coaches in training. And Ming’s form has been well documented.

The only problem as I’ve always seen it is that Stone and White are similar player types. At least from the outside looking in it would make sense to play a tougher CB like a Coady alongside Stones or White. And you’d expect Stones to win that.

Playing 3 at the back would suddenly open the door for all 3. Although Southgate may over complicate matters by playing Shaw as LCB or such.

Would be an incredible ascendency if Ben does start and a proud moment for our club.

Absolutely, just wonder if Southgate will try Kyle Walker as a RCB of three - don't know why, just a feeling.

Would be a great lift if Ben starts though......

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
It’s being suggested that Walker & Shaw will play right & left in a back 3 with Stones. If so why on earth did he pick Coady & Mings if he’d rather play players out of position than start with them. BW should start instead of Walker in that position but then people will ask why he wasn’t picked previously so suspect he’ll go with Walker. England losing whilst playing players out of position seems to be a familiar trait over the years.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Just listening to BBC Big Euros preview. They discussed our central defence quite a bit and weren't all keeping up at the back!

Chris Waddle not backing BW and not 3 at the back. Need to play a 4 with 2 in the middle. Already Coady and Mings in squad.

Chris Sutton: What message would picking BW send them?

James McFadden, It would send the message that he's taken his chance.

Chris Waddle: Would pick Kyle Walker centre half in a two with Stones. Thinks he's a good centre half. KW has more experience than BW will ever have and knows Stones. Ben White played midfield at Leeds. He didn't play centre half.

Sutton: Walker too much of a risk. Out of position. How many times has Kyle Walker played centre half before?

Waddle: I don't know. But BW: would be putting a rookie in to play alongside Stones. BW a midfield player as much as anything. Cannot see him playing along John Stones. No chance.

CS disagrees have others in that position. Got to be Mings or Coady. Or if Maguire. half fit, whack him in.

Izzy Christiansen backing Ben White suitable partner for John Stones. Mings not in form. Shaky in Romania game. BW looked fresh and confident.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No. Incredibly it looks like he is going to start the totally abysmal Mings. Absolutely ludicrous.

Not only that, despite having two excellent left backs available in Chilwell and Shaw, he’s going to play Trippier at left back! And start the completely out of form Sterling ahead of the in form Grealish and Sancho.

I just can’t get my head around any of that! It all defies logic.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just listening to BBC Big Euros preview. They discussed our central defence quite a bit and weren't all keeping up at the back!

Chris Waddle not backing BW and not 3 at the back. Need to play a 4 with 2 in the middle. Already Coady and Mings in squad.

Chris Sutton: What message would picking BW send them?

James McFadden, It would send the message that he's taken his chance.

Chris Waddle: Would pick Kyle Walker centre half in a two with Stones. Thinks he's a good centre half. KW has more experience than BW will ever have and knows Stones. Ben White played midfield at Leeds. He didn't play centre half.

Sutton: Walker too much of a risk. Out of position. How many times has Kyle Walker played centre half before?

Waddle: I don't know. But BW: would be putting a rookie in to play alongside Stones. BW a midfield player as much as anything. Cannot see him playing along John Stones. No chance.

CS disagrees have others in that position. Got to be Mings or Coady. Or if Maguire. half fit, whack him in.

Izzy Christiansen backing Ben White suitable partner for John Stones. Mings not in form. Shaky in Romania game. BW looked fresh and confident.

Tbf I think the wisest thing against Croatia would be to start with two central defenders and instead go for another midfielder, or you'll lose that midfield battle and spend too much time defending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here