Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Nightmares

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
When I was a child I used to have a recurring dream which I have more recently seen described as an 'Out of Body Experience'.
Basically it involved leaving my sleeping body and floating around the bedroom ceiling looking down on everything. On one occasion I floated down to the end of our garden to where there was a stream running and I started to panic as I was drifting off into the sky. I remember grabbing hold of a shrub that was growing there and trying to hold on. The next thing I knew I was back in my bed.

Looking back it seems quite fascinating now and I wish I could try it again.

Sounds like hypnagogia. You should read up on it. I had similar experiences.

I also worked with someone who wrote an interesting book about dreams. The Psychology of Dreaming by Josie Malinowski.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I used to have a lot as a child, mainly about a bald headed man chasing me.
I have had some as an adult where I have tried to scream but can't get it out but I don't remember the details, however, I had one really bad one around 10 or so years ago.
I can't remember the full detail but if anyone is aware of the more recent Mummy films where these swarms of black bugs come of of a tomb?
I'm not sure if it was bugs or rats but a swarm of them were coming towards me.
In my sleep, my wife at the time, said I was able to stand bolt upright from a laying position without using my arms on a memory foam bed and just start screaming. A feat I wouldn't be able to perform at all and my calf muscles ached for days.
I've had another in a hotel room where I jumped out of bed shouting 'Fire, fire's whilst pulling my clothes on.
God only knows where these come from.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Had heard it said for years that if you die in your dream then you’re actually dead so imagine my shock about five years ago in a dream when Alan Shearer, Michael Owen and I were on the run from the cops and Shearer turned the gun on me and shot me in the face from a yard away. I died instantly and then saw them stand over my corpse as if they were about to take a free kick or penalty. Incredibly weird.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Had heard it said for years that if you die in your dream then you’re actually dead so imagine my shock about five years ago in a dream when Alan Shearer, Michael Owen and I were on the run from the cops and Shearer turned the gun on me and shot me in the face from a yard away. I died instantly and then saw them stand over my corpse as if they were about to take a free kick or penalty. Incredibly weird.

I had a dream that an Albion striker had a gun and took a shot at me from point blank range.

I had nothing to worry about.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My nightmare, and I just hope it remains so, is arriving at the Amex on match day having left my season ticket/ proof of admittance at home. The circumstances are always weird like a kick off at midnight or travelling from some strange location. The core of the nightmare always remains the same - not being able to watch the f***ing match! :eek:
You go to the little ticket window and they print out a ticket :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Does anyone on here suffer with them?

I cant really say I ever have done before. And when I did have one in my younger years I used to just wake up, think WTF, and go back to sleep.

But on Monday I had one. And I'm still thinking about it. It felt so real that I literally woke up screaming and cried. I'm 42 years old.

And I havent slept properly since and I'm still thinking about it now.

It wasn't a Nightmare On Elm Street, or Paranormal Activity horror type of dream but something that could quite easily happen in everyday life, perhaps that's what has freaked me out so much.

Anyone else been here or have trouble dealing with them if they do happen?

I have to very vivid regular dreams, probably twice a month, one is that I’m in a plane crash or a plane that’s either going to crash or is struggling to take off and flying through buildings.

Second one is that I need a shit and the there are no clean toilets available [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here