Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmares

Nightmares

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone on here suffer with them?

I cant really say I ever have done before. And when I did have one in my younger years I used to just wake up, think WTF, and go back to sleep.

But on Monday I had one. And I'm still thinking about it. It felt so real that I literally woke up screaming and cried. I'm 42 years old.

And I havent slept properly since and I'm still thinking about it now.

It wasn't a Nightmare On Elm Street, or Paranormal Activity horror type of dream but something that could quite easily happen in everyday life, perhaps that's what has freaked me out so much.

Anyone else been here or have trouble dealing with them if they do happen?
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they wake up, that's the best they are going to feel all day.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      I've always dreamed. The most vivid ones occurring when I take strong painkillers for my back. I had one last night which involved the UK having been taken over by Nazis and me being involved in an escape. I was caught and taken back to my first school for execution. Freud would love that one.

There is a secret to dealing with them that somehow I manged to do a few years back (although somehow not last night). I guess it is different for different folk but I learnt to be a spectator in my dreams. Like I was watching a film. I'm not sure how the mental process works but there have even been dreams that I wanted, and have managed to, go back to even after I woke up.

Another successful thing to do was a bizarre trade off I developed as a youngster. Before I went to bed I would tell my brain the things I didn't want to dream about and then offer up in exchange some things I did, such as walking out to open the batting for England with Geoff Boycott (which would probably have turned into a nightmare when he ran me out).

That technique, as odd and eccentric as it sounds, always worked. So it does appear that the brain can take instruction and forward it to the sub conscience. It shows that what you command in the conscious realm can suppress the sub conscious in the times it take over during the night.
      '‘If ever you want to invade the world you should get Brighton Lines to draw up the plans. But carry them out yourself, because he would take you to Calais and realise he’d left the ammunition on the quayside at Dover…’
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

2 Not allowed!
      My nightmare, and I just hope it remains so, is arriving at the Amex on match day having left my season ticket/ proof of admittance at home. The circumstances are always weird like a kick off at midnight or travelling from some strange location. The core of the nightmare always remains the same - not being able to watch the f***ing match!
      Just a hedgehog on the motorway of life.

0 Not allowed!
      Get them a lot and always have since a little kid up till present aged 38. Usually being chased by something for most of it. Expect means something but not that fussed. Only woken up in cold sweats a couple times. Usually it’s a case of oh that was a bit weird, and back to sleep.

0 Not allowed!
      "Another successful thing to do was a bizarre trade off I developed as a youngster. Before I went to bed I would tell my brain the things I didn't want to dream about and then offer up in exchange some things I did, such as walking out to open the batting for England with Geoff Boycott (which would probably have turned into a nightmare when he ran me out"

I might try that . I dont have nightmares usually, except the time I dreamed someone was fighting me and I thumped the cabinet by the bed , ,and woke myself up. I do have unpleasant dreams , often I am back at work and being ordered about or just doing something mundane. I would rather have sweet dreams so I will try that suggestion

0 Not allowed!
      Knock one out, back to sleep.

0 Not allowed!
      I often have work related nightmares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
      Only on Elm Street
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      My nightmare, and I just hope it remains so, is arriving at the Amex on match day having left my season ticket/ proof of admittance at home. The circumstances are always weird like a kick off at midnight or travelling from some strange location. The core of the nightmare always remains the same - not being able to watch the f***ing match!
      I had a dream last night that I had got the 49 bus out to george street because brighton were playing on the sea front and as I stepped off the bus I checked my pockets and realised I'd left my ticket at home. Gah! Still, there's just enough time to phone home and get someone to drive it out to me. Except I'd also forgotten my phone!
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more

0 Not allowed!
      I have this thing where I am in trouble and need to wake up and know that by screaming I will be woken up...............and then I am woken by the Mrs and know that I did scream to get woken and so does she!!
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||