Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] First football stadium in the World with a Defibrillator and Paramedics was The Goldstone

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
All our thoughts tonight must be with Christian Erikson and his family.

Worth remembering that it was our club who were first persuaded of the need for a defibrillator and then to have paramedics at every game from the late 1970’s.

The idea came from Hove Consultant Cardiologist Professor Douglas Chamberlain CBE and since then many lives have been saved at our games.

The first Paramedics went on the road in Europe in Brighton in 1971 from Douglas’s work, just a couple of weeks behind the first in the world in Florida.

The honours system can be a good thing but why isn’t he Sir Douglas Chamberlain? So much more of a contribution to mankind every day, than an actor or cake competition judge, not that I am in any way belittling the achievements of others but there isn’t always a sense of perspective

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Worth remembering that it was our club who were first persuaded of the need for a defibrillator and then to have paramedics at every game from the late 1970’s.

The idea came from Hove Consultant Cardiologist Professor Douglas Chamberlain CBE and since then many lives have been saved at our games.

The first Paramedics went on the road in Europe in Brighton in 1971 from Douglas’s work, just a couple of weeks behind the first in the world in Florida.

The honours system can be a good thing but why isn’t he Sir Douglas Chamberlain? So much more of a contribution to mankind every day, than an actor or cake competition judge, not that I am in any way belittling the achievements of others but there isn’t always a sense of perspective

Douglas Chamberlain was a visionary. He picked up on a silimar strategy in Seattle by a medic called Cobb, if I recall correctly. I corresponded with DC on the late 80s about blood potassium and VF. :thumbsup:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Douglas Chamberlain, CBE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here