First football stadium in the World with a Defibrillator and Paramedics was The Goldstone

11 Not allowed!
    All our thoughts tonight must be with Christian Erikson and his family.

Worth remembering that it was our club who were first persuaded of the need for a defibrillator and then to have paramedics at every game from the late 1970’s.

The idea came from Hove Consultant Cardiologist Professor Douglas Chamberlain CBE and since then many lives have been saved at our games.

The first Paramedics went on the road in Europe in Brighton in 1971 from Douglas’s work, just a couple of weeks behind the first in the world in Florida.

The honours system can be a good thing but why isn’t he Sir Douglas Chamberlain? So much more of a contribution to mankind every day, than an actor or cake competition judge, not that I am in any way belittling the achievements of others but there isn’t always a sense of perspective

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Any one of us can nominate him for an Honours.
      You just have to fill in the form https://www.gov.uk/honours
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Poppett63 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Worth remembering that it was our club who were first persuaded of the need for a defibrillator and then to have paramedics at every game from the late 1970’s.

The idea came from Hove Consultant Cardiologist Professor Douglas Chamberlain CBE and since then many lives have been saved at our games.

The first Paramedics went on the road in Europe in Brighton in 1971 from Douglas’s work, just a couple of weeks behind the first in the world in Florida.

The honours system can be a good thing but why isn’t he Sir Douglas Chamberlain? So much more of a contribution to mankind every day, than an actor or cake competition judge, not that I am in any way belittling the achievements of others but there isn’t always a sense of perspective
      Douglas Chamberlain was a visionary. He picked up on a silimar strategy in Seattle by a medic called Cobb, if I recall correctly. I corresponded with DC on the late 80s about blood potassium and VF.

0 Not allowed!
      Impressive man
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Poppett63 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Douglas Chamberlain, CBE.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.