Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Christian Eriksen

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are doing brilliant work here HWT , all very interesting . . . and impressive.

Also impressive is that you have just beaten your consecutive post record for not mentioning your ignore list. :lolol:

Erikson sounds like he is on the mend.

If Durlston gets his tenner back then I think we can be somewhat thankful.

Indeed. Cheers :thumbsup:

I'm still taken aback at the comments of the doctor (on R5 yesterday) who regularly tested CE's heart at Spurs. He said he had not detected hypertrophy or ECG ambnormalities. He then speculated on possible coronary artery disease and covid. I thought its was grossly unprofessional to reveal facts about CE's medical examinations. Why he then speculated about coronary artery disease (acute myocardial infarction preceded by chest pain) is beyond me given that the condition is unheard of in young fit athletes. It is possible but too unlikely to warrant any meaningful consideration. It's on a par with 'shot from a grassy knoll'. All the explanations I have mentioned on this thread are considered in this freely available article.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa1510687

As for Covid; alarm bells went when I heard this doc on the radio said that. There has been a phenomenon in science publishing for certain types of 'medical researcher' to rush to press with articles (usually viewpoints with no data) on Covid, its effects and its treatments. There is a whole gang in Americal that have been promoting untested 'medicines' - all the ones promoted by Trump.....need I go on? Likewise, I sit on a mitigating circumstances panel here where I work and any student who mentions Covid gets their extension request automatically accepted, ill or not, evidence or no. Invoking Covid is, to me, rather like the invocation of patriotism - the last refuge of someone with nothing to offer. I wasn't impressed.

Anyway . . . . I really shouldn't let the wittering of fools annoy me so much :facepalm: Unfortunately, sometimes they are impossible to ignore....

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I'm still taken aback at the comments of the doctor (on R5 yesterday) who regularly tested CE's heart at Spurs. He said he had not detected hypertrophy or ECG ambnormalities. He then speculated on possible coronary artery disease and covid. I thought its was grossly unprofessional to reveal facts about CE's medical examinations. Why he then speculated about coronary artery disease (acute myocardial infarction preceded by chest pain) is beyond me given that the condition is unheard of in young fit athletes. It is possible but too unlikely to warrant any meaningful consideration. It's on a par with 'shot from a grassy knoll'. All the explanations I have mentioned on this thread are considered in this freely available article.

As for Covid; alarm bells went when I heard this doc on the radio said that. There has been a phenomenon in science publishing for certain types of 'medical researcher' to rush to press with articles (usually viewpoints with no data) on Covid, its effects and its treatments. There is a whole gang in Americal that have been promoting untested 'medicines' - all the ones promoted by Trump.....need I go on? Likewise, I sit on a mitigating circumstances panel here where I work and any student who mentions Covid gets their extension request automatically accepted, ill or not, evidence or no. Invoking Covid is, to me, rather like the invocation of patriotism - the last refuge of someone with nothing to offer. I wasn't impressed.

Anyway . . . . I really shouldn't let the wittering of fools annoy me so much :facepalm: Unfortunately, sometimes they are impossible to ignore....

Indefatigable... :)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'd like to sincerely apologise for my crass and stupid posts yesterday regarding the Euro 2020 top goalscorer and first scorer in this match. I was very selfish in thinking of money while a footballer's life was in danger. Betfred refunded the first scorer and they said the other bet should be settled soon. Hats off to them for showing great compassion. I certainly could learn a lesson or two from them. I really am a stupid wànker who contributes nothing to this board. This place will be so much nicer without my gibberish rantings that are a complete waste of time reading.

Best wishes to everyone on NSC.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd like to sincerely apologise for my crass and stupid posts yesterday regarding the Euro 2020 top goalscorer and first scorer in this match. I was very selfish in thinking of money while a footballer's life was in danger. Betfred refunded the first scorer and they said the other bet should be settled soon. Hats off to them for showing great compassion. I certainly could learn a lesson or two from them. I really am a stupid wànker who contributes nothing to this board. This place will be so much nicer without my gibberish rantings that are a complete waste of time reading.

Well done for apologising but don’t go. We’ve all made fools of ourselves at some time or other. If posting gibberish was so wrong on here, we’d all be gone.
Today is a brand new day, so put it behind you.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

if everyone was the same life would be a very dull place. This post just shows you are a decent person. Fair play. More people could take a leaf out of your book... i am referring to the second post and not the first ;)

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts

Nah, it really wasn’t that bad! Chin up! May need you on here later depending if Mings scores an own goal and/or gets sent off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Don’t beat yourself up too much. We’re only human aren’t we.

Call it a case closed and move on. Chin up. It’s a lovely day, the sun is out and England are playing in the Euros later.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I completely agree about the medic broadcasting details of Erikkson’s medical history. Completely unacceptable. What about the need for medical confidentiality. Not good of Radio 5Live to be asking these questions either but of the two the medic should certainly know better.
However, most important thing is that Erikkson seems out of danger.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Well done.

This place wouldn't be the same if someone wasn't making a complete weapons grade tit of themselves.
It's not often there's a subsequent apology, (I can copy and paste mine!! )

Those that get off on this will jab at you for a bit but don't give that a second thought, as said their next target will be along soon enough, and you have a decent apology to stand by.

Onwards and upwards.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Fair enough. :clap2:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

You're a good man and a good poster. Your comments were inappropriate but no real harm was done and you have apologised. You absolutely do not need to ban yourself from the board and I hope things are well with you generally. All the best.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

all good , no harm done.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta

Respect for this post. Just read and follow the responses to this starting with the first, which really says it all. They also show that we have a lot of decent people in this community including, as you have just shown, yourself. Keep posting!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

If you enjoy coming on here just carry on, we all put our foot in it from time to time.

Don’t worry about it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think you'll find Scandinavian countries are sharing caring and civilised. Thank **** the game wasn't at the Riverside. He'd be cold n stiff in the back of a Bedford CF van before it started up, let alone got anywhere near people capable of calling 999!

Yes, British SOciety does need reordering. A total flip would be a good start

A weird example to pick, as James Cook Hospital is just down the road from the Riverside, and it happens to be one of the best emergency trauma units in the country!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You’re alright - we all make twats of ourselves on here from time to time. Move on :)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

If Carlsburg did apologies.
If I had a pound for every post I regretted posting, even innocently I would have £27.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Top post Durlston, a totally contrite apology without any attempt to justify your last post. We’ve all said things we regret at times. Please don’t stop posting, the board would be a worse place without you [emoji106]

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

I had 20 quid on over 1 goal in the match yesterday and was looking forward to collecting my money as it seemed a second goal, probably from Denmark, was a near certainty until Erikson selfishly ruined the match. There's no way he would have missed the pen had he still been on the pitch and the ultimatum from UEFA to finish the match last night or at 12 noon today was disgraceful. Unlike you my bet was not refunded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here