Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tough day. Hope so much he’s ok and can play again as unlikely as that looks right now. I always struggle when that sort of thing happens to footballers, massive credit to the medics.

That Russia Belgium game was quite a hollow watch.
    Yeah, it wasn't an easy watch. I find that too, just considering how fit and healthy professional athletes are. When something like this happens it's a reminder that life is bloody fragile!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Reading the reports quite glad I didn't watch the game. Great to hear CE is stable.
      SUCK IT UP ...YOU MONG .....NOT FAKIN' BOVERED ........ANY MORE ... keep ignoring the context , going for the easy win ....you are a top class **** mate ....and that is it from moi....du bist blokken... ****in bell end..........enjoy spending yer pension ......and you know you won't ........i hope you are some sort of anarchist ...if you aint then you are ****ed....but u probably are anyway..... Sydney 21/07/19
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
      You are doing brilliant work here HWT , all very interesting . . . and impressive.

Also impressive is that you have just beaten your consecutive post record for not mentioning your ignore list.

Erikson sounds like he is on the mend.

If Durlston gets his tenner back then I think we can be somewhat thankful.
      Indeed. Cheers

I'm still taken aback at the comments of the doctor (on R5 yesterday) who regularly tested CE's heart at Spurs. He said he had not detected hypertrophy or ECG ambnormalities. He then speculated on possible coronary artery disease and covid. I thought its was grossly unprofessional to reveal facts about CE's medical examinations. Why he then speculated about coronary artery disease (acute myocardial infarction preceded by chest pain) is beyond me given that the condition is unheard of in young fit athletes. It is possible but too unlikely to warrant any meaningful consideration. It's on a par with 'shot from a grassy knoll'. All the explanations I have mentioned on this thread are considered in this freely available article.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa1510687

As for Covid; alarm bells went when I heard this doc on the radio said that. There has been a phenomenon in science publishing for certain types of 'medical researcher' to rush to press with articles (usually viewpoints with no data) on Covid, its effects and its treatments. There is a whole gang in Americal that have been promoting untested 'medicines' - all the ones promoted by Trump.....need I go on? Likewise, I sit on a mitigating circumstances panel here where I work and any student who mentions Covid gets their extension request automatically accepted, ill or not, evidence or no. Invoking Covid is, to me, rather like the invocation of patriotism - the last refuge of someone with nothing to offer. I wasn't impressed.

Anyway . . . . I really shouldn't let the wittering of fools annoy me so much Unfortunately, sometimes they are impossible to ignore....
      Last edited by Harry Wilson's tackle; 13-06-2021 at 09:29.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Indeed. Cheers

I'm still taken aback at the comments of the doctor (on R5 yesterday) who regularly tested CE's heart at Spurs. He said he had not detected hypertrophy or ECG ambnormalities. He then speculated on possible coronary artery disease and covid. I thought its was grossly unprofessional to reveal facts about CE's medical examinations. Why he then speculated about coronary artery disease (acute myocardial infarction preceded by chest pain) is beyond me given that the condition is unheard of in young fit athletes. It is possible but too unlikely to warrant any meaningful consideration. It's on a par with 'shot from a grassy knoll'. All the explanations I have mentioned on this thread are considered in this freely available article.

As for Covid; alarm bells went when I heard this doc on the radio said that. There has been a phenomenon in science publishing for certain types of 'medical researcher' to rush to press with articles (usually viewpoints with no data) on Covid, its effects and its treatments. There is a whole gang in Americal that have been promoting untested 'medicines' - all the ones promoted by Trump.....need I go on? Likewise, I sit on a mitigating circumstances panel here where I work and any student who mentions Covid gets their extension request automatically accepted, ill or not, evidence or no. Invoking Covid is, to me, rather like the invocation of patriotism - the last refuge of someone with nothing to offer. I wasn't impressed.

Anyway . . . . I really shouldn't let the wittering of fools annoy me so much Unfortunately, sometimes they are impossible to ignore....
      Indefatigable...
      Members

21 Not allowed!
      I'd like to sincerely apologise for my crass and stupid posts yesterday regarding the Euro 2020 top goalscorer and first scorer in this match. I was very selfish in thinking of money while a footballer's life was in danger. Betfred refunded the first scorer and they said the other bet should be settled soon. Hats off to them for showing great compassion. I certainly could learn a lesson or two from them. I really am a stupid wŕnker who contributes nothing to this board. This place will be so much nicer without my gibberish rantings that are a complete waste of time reading.

Best wishes to everyone on NSC.

19 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Durlston View Post
      I'd like to sincerely apologise for my crass and stupid posts yesterday regarding the Euro 2020 top goalscorer and first scorer in this match. I was very selfish in thinking of money while a footballer's life was in danger. Betfred refunded the first scorer and they said the other bet should be settled soon. Hats off to them for showing great compassion. I certainly could learn a lesson or two from them. I really am a stupid wŕnker who contributes nothing to this board. This place will be so much nicer without my gibberish rantings that are a complete waste of time reading.

Well done for apologising but don’t go. We’ve all made fools of ourselves at some time or other. If posting gibberish was so wrong on here, we’d all be gone.
      Today is a brand new day, so put it behind you.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi

3 Not allowed!

if everyone was the same life would be a very dull place. This post just shows you are a decent person. Fair play. More people could take a leaf out of your book... i am referring to the second post and not the first ;)

1 Not allowed!

Nah, it really wasn’t that bad! Chin up! May need you on here later depending if Mings scores an own goal and/or gets sent off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ...the gunshot that echoes down your hall

Christian Eriksen

2 Not allowed!

Don’t beat yourself up too much. We’re only human aren’t we.

Call it a case closed and move on. Chin up. It’s a lovely day, the sun is out and England are playing in the Euros later.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Indeed. Cheers

I completely agree about the medic broadcasting details of Erikkson’s medical history. Completely unacceptable. What about the need for medical confidentiality. Not good of Radio 5Live to be asking these questions either but of the two the medic should certainly know better.
      However, most important thing is that Erikkson seems out of danger.