Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Copa America - Moises Caicedo

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect Moises will start for Equador on Sunday night/ Monday morning against Colombia. Will be interesting to see how he gets on and in other games in the competition. Equador are quite highly rated at present, so hopefully will progress. I expect Moises to be in our first team squad this coming season and if Yves is off, pushing for a midfield place.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I expect Moises will start for Equador on Sunday night/ Monday morning against Colombia. Will be interesting to see how he gets on and in other games in the competition. Equador are quite highly rated at present, so hopefully will progress. I expect Moises to be in our first team squad this coming season and if Yves is off, pushing for a midfield place.

For those who don't want to stay up all night, the match will be repeated on BBC1 red button 7:40am Monday.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was quite impressed by Moises. Forming a central two in midfield with no. 20 Mendez, Moises was the more advanced of the pair. He made himself available to good effect and looked to move the ball on quickly, typically with just one or two touches. Very little, if any, dribbling, but he showed a good range of passing and was pretty accurate.

Considering he is still only 19, and has played precisely 3 competitive games of club football in six months (and those at U-23 level) I thought it was a pretty composed and mature performance. Graham Potter has a LOT to work with there, and I can't think of a manager I would rather have in the Albion hot seat to do that managing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You can watch the game back in full via iPlayer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episo...olombia-v-ecuador?seriesId=p09jxw5b-3-group-b

caicedo.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Not Caicedo-related, but tonight's game between Paraguay and Bolivia is what Copa is all about. Two VAR calls on penalties has Bolivia up 1-0 at halftime but they also lost a player to a second yellow at 45+9. They could also be losing another player during the halftime break if they are reviewing a yellow that went to a Paraguayan that should have gone to a Bolivian, and would have been his second too. Fun stuff.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Some very mature midfield play in the first half v Venuzuela by Moisés. Involved in the Equador goal and then did a great turn and burst through a couple of Venezuela players which had the commentator drooling. Looks like a real prospect. Composed, physical, brave and can pick a pass.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Some very mature midfield play in the first half v Venuzuela by Moisés. Involved in the Equador goal and then did a great turn and burst through a couple of Venezuela players which had the commentator drooling. Looks like a real prospect. Composed, physical, brave and can pick a pass.

Like a future replacement for Bissouma?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Like a future replacement for Bissouma?

I'm sure that's what he was bought for. It's quite a challenge for a 19 year old. The one thing I'm not certain of is his pace. It's difficult to judge in these games as it's probably not as fast paced as the Premier League. However he looks very strong and his passing is good. Him and Moder could be a fantastic combination.

Aug 8, 2012
Very impressive, but another guy is holding, Moses is in a more attacking role. Certainly got all the attributes for Potterball

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Having watched the whole Ecuador vs Venezuela match I thought Caicedo was possibly their best player. He holds a more central position than Bissouma, who is a more lateral and more combatative player. However, I think he is a better player than Biss was at that age, still raw though. However, I think he's too good to loan out, I think he has to be in the matchday squad and worked on just like Biss was.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I didn't see the whole match this afternoon (in the first half was bouncing to and from the Suns' victory over the Clippers) but the thing that has stood out the most to me in these two matches is Caicedo's passing. Short, medium, long-range; very accurate; always looking to move the ball on quickly. He made a couple of very incisive passes today that I saw. You never quite know whether a player can reproduce that form in the Premier League, of course, until they play in the Premier League, but he has a much bigger repertoire than was apparent from his U-23 matches this past season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Having watched the whole Ecuador vs Venezuela match I thought Caicedo was possibly their best player…..I think he's too good to loan out, I think he has to be in the matchday squad and worked on just like Biss was.

I missed the match but it’s really interesting hearing people’s opinions.

Do you think Caicedo is suited to a Zeqiri style 1st session with us, confined almost exclusively to the bench, or do you believe like Lamptey, he’ll pretty quickly break though.

My preference would be a Championship loan if he is destined to get a similar amount of minutes to Zeqiri. Is he better than that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here