Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Members

Crouch’s Year-Late Euros

3 Not allowed!
    Thought this might be rubbish but would give it a watch, actually far worse than I could imagine, lasted 10 minutes.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Munday View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Thought this might be rubbish but would give it a watch, actually far worse than I could imagine, lasted 10 minutes.
      Thanks for doing that for the rest of us.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      (. )( .)
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      (. )( .)
      Maybe watching with the sound off would be ok.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Munday View Post
      Didn't last that long!

0 Not allowed!
      It's a slightly better version of Fantasy Football from the late 90's, probably not everyone's cup of tea but probably a couple of reasons for tuning in.
      Hands, face, space and fresh air....lets take this next step together safely
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      I really really like Peter Crouch as a person.

Would probably be the footballer I'd most enjoy going for a beer with.

But he's not a person to build a television programme around. Wish the Beeb would stop pretending he is, every tv show he's on is a car crash.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Poor stormzy. Tell my man shut up.

Crouch’s Year-Late Euros

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
      It's a slightly better version of Fantasy Football from the late 90's, probably not everyone's cup of tea but probably a couple of reasons for tuning in.
      Would those 2 things belong to Maya Jama by any chance?
      Last edited by Rambo; 11-06-2021 at 22:52.
      Members

23 Not allowed!
      I'm almost enjoying hating this. The over-colourful morning TV set; the over-excitable build up to very weakly perceived, written and enacted segment; the thought that celebrity is in some way a substitute for caring about, and being any good at what you are doing; the idea that shouting things loudly will mean that a longed for younger audience will tune in; the coupling of middle aged blokes in denim and casual shirts with a far younger woman with her bits hanging out; the stupid sub Soccer AM fan competitions; the ex-pros palling about; and the stilted attempts at chat segments culminate in something representative of why television executives are the last people on earth to understand what makes a good television programme.

It is television that hates itself and its audience. It is not made by people who care a jot or know a single thing about their subject. Fantasy Football was made by people who knew and understood what it feels like to be football fans. The worst people to ask about fan culture are actually players. Most of them don't understand. They haven't experienced it because they were always playing. Yet every single programme about football is now utterly dominated by people who played, but hardly ever watched football. Weak dressing room banter substitutes for the very real and deep culture, humour, obsessions, quirks, faiths, violent opinions and passions that make the whole thing just so damned human.

When television lets talented obsessives make television about their obsession those who share the obsession will obviously watch and enjoy, but so will those who know nothing of or couldn't care less about the obsession. When television aims for a target audience linked by a common interest it insults the obsessive and bores or annoys those who don't care.